FG Spreadshirt Swag

LFP 3-5 players, D&D5E on FGUnity, Sundays @noon PDT, Forgotten Realms Homebrew

I am new to Fantasy Grounds, but have been a DM for tabletop D&D in Basic through 5th edition, and have DMed many multiplayer games of Neverwinter Nights. I’m looking to dip my toes into VTT roleplaying. Players new to FG are welcome; we’ll all learn this together.

If you’re interested, post here with a little about your experience and preferred style of play. I’ll reach out to folks via the forum messenger feature and we can exchange emails to coordinate the session.

FG License: Unity Standard License (so you will need at least a Standard license to join)
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7.00)
    Day of week and time: Sunday, July 19, 12 noon PDT. I plan on opening the server for a Session Zero at 12 noon on Saturday, July 18, so players can test their connections and build characters, if desired. I am aiming for sessions to last 2½ - 3 hours but can be flexible.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: single session to start, potential campaign to follow

Text or Voice: Voice, English language
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: blend of puzzles, roleplaying, and combat
    Number of Players in game & needed: Goal 3-5 players
    Character starting level & equipment: First level, standard array, starting gear packages from PH. I’ll have some pregens handy, or you can build your own.
    Character restrictions: Player's Handbook only, non-evil alignments

Details of your scenario: The adventure is set in the Forgotten Realms, in the city of Daggerford. This will be a one-shot, puzzle-oriented session, but has the potential to grow into a short campaign (4-8 sessions). I’m looking for folks who are interested in a fun, collaborative, team-oriented game. Please be patient as I am new to this method of gaming. Also keep in mind that Unity is in beta, and there will almost certainly be issues.

I do not tolerate any kind of sexism, racism, or homophobia in any of my games. Please be conscientious of the other players and help everyone to have a good time.

Hi Lazybones! Thanks for offering this to us!

I live in GMT +2 until the end of summer and then it will be GMT +1. So a start time of 12 pm on Sundays works out pretty well for me since I don't mind playing late at night.

I have been a DM for a 5e campaign and I am currently a DM for a Starfinder campaign.

I don't exactly know what my style of play is, but I am never more thrilled than when a player is trying his/her best to see from the perspective of his/her character and make decisions based on that.

I'd love to jump in if you still have space (not sure if you're looking for players in other places as well). I've got decent knowledge of 5e, although I've never actually.. had the chance to play it. I'm also super interested in learning and familiarizing myself with FGU in the event I decide to run a campaign of my own in the near future, so this would be a great chance to kill two birds!

As for experience and style; I've played a decent amount of 3.5e/4e/PF as both a DM and player, although it's been a while I'm still pretty familiar with tabletop experience. Style wise, I dunno, I'm a huge nerd and love the collaborative nature of TTRPGs. Super accommodating as a player and like to get invested; definitely try to engage in good faith with whatever the experience is.

So yeah, as I said before, I'd love to join in!

All right, you two are both in; I'll follow up with some more info tomorrow. I was going to post in r/lfg but didn't get around to it (my user name is more accurate than I'd like), so ideally we'll be able to find 1-2 more folks by Sunday to round out the group.

Looking forward to it!

Hi, Lazybones! My and my gf are both looking for a group we have experience both on D&D 5e and FG. We live in Chile (GMT -4) and have a decent enough level speaking English ^^U. We may have trouble for the session Zero, we can't connect until later that day, but have no problem this or any other Sunday. If you have any question, please send a private message

Thanks for your time
    Lord Faerigan

Hi Lazybones1969,

I have been playing D&D off and on again since 1984. I have been enjoying 5e a great deal, and have played 5e over FGC now for about three years. I have DM'd for family and friends in FGC, but prefer to be a player. I really enjoy making characters and want the opportunity to play and flesh out as many of them as possible. I enjoy a good mix of combat and role playing. Sundays work well for me as I am also in the PDT zone.

I look forward to communicating further about your game.

Thank you,
    Heckspawn
    Last edited by Heckspawn; July 17th, 2020 at 03:44.

All right, it looks like we have a group. Going to close it now unless someone drops out.

Faerigan, the Session Zero is not mandatory and I can probably open the server later in the day if you and your girlfriend want to build characters.

I'll send out more info via the forum messenger feature later today.

We have another opening in this ongoing game. Please see the first post for the campaign requirements.

We've completed two sessions and the group is second level. We have a half-orc druid, a half-orc fighter, a gnome wizard, and a dwarf monk.

Willingness to have been taken prisoner by kobolds and join an ongoing quest is a plus.

Hi Lazybones

I am looking for a group and would not mind said situation.
    Still a beginner with only a few games played but jumped in to trying to DM for some friends, but would like to also get some experience playing.
    I live in GMT +1 but do not mind the time unless the session(s) run longer then 5 hours.
    I got no problem with voice over DC and I have a Unity standard license and some basic fantasy ground knowledge.

Not a native English speaker but should be no problem.
    I am laid back, and a bit of every thing kinda person so enjoy both RP, combat and puzzles.
    I do fine in most atmospheres, be it game focused or towards the more casual.

With regards to character, I am not picky and can often find my own point of interest, so can mix and match with wishes from the party, DM or simply get a good idea myself if left to my own devices.

PM sent.

Thread Information