STAR TREK 2d20

Ranged weapon ammunition

I cannot figure out how to work with ammunition.

actions tab.png

I've even tried putting the bolts in the crossbow, but no luck.

ammo loaded.png

What am I doing wrong?

Did you try manually adding a number in the ammo box that now shows 0?

Honestly it's very confusing that ammo items auto-create their own weapon entry, since that is not at all how ammo tracking works...

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Did you try manually adding a number in the ammo box that now shows 0?
    I have not found a way to change that "0" to anything else. Single-click, double-click, even the right-click menu didn't show anything useful.

Quote Originally Posted by GMScott View Post
    I have not found a way to change that "0" to anything else. Single-click, double-click, even the right-click menu didn't show anything useful.
    It's a standard editable number field. Left click on it (you'll see the frame around the field change to show that you have focus) and then type a number.

Information on number fields is available in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...#Number-Fields
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's a standard editable number field. Left click on it (you'll see the frame around the field change to show that you have focus) and then type a number.
    Ok, now I feel like a complete n00b!
    Numlock was off. It only took me a day and a half to figure that out! DERP!

Thanks for all the advice, everyone!

P.S. Is there any future plan to implement using the inventory ammo, or is that just redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by GMScott View Post
    P.S. Is there any future plan to implement using the inventory ammo, or is that just redundant?
    I might look at it sometime in the future. No specific plans as yet.

They were added as weapons, so that they appear in the same weapons table as the Core Rules. But, as has been pointed out, this creates a weapon entry for them. In PF1e there were specific rules for using an arrow as a melee weapon (giving the benefit of an arrow's damage type, especially handy for a ghost-touch arrow as well). So having an entry in the weapons section made some vague kinda sense. But I don't see similar rules in PF2 (yet), although in theory you could still use them as an improvised weapon.

So, like I say, no specific plans as yet...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information