Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: NPC Baddies

I got a follow up response from the Developer of NPC Designer today letting me know he was going through the new personality tags. He tentatively expects to have a release by tomorrow. As he already has done an export from NPC Designer into FG1 the odds are good, IMHO, the release will stick, but if something comes up the final might not be until Monday.

Let's agree on this even if this is just Monday that's fast response right??? I will most certainly buy stuff from them, I can see the offer great support...

Griogre, can you post the link to his site, or where all of this info is? Thanks, and fast response is appreciated!

He did on a previous post...

https://www.rpgattitude.com/Default.asp

Good luck!

rv

Since this kind of concerns me I will just chime in..

I just uploaded the latest update 1.0.182 which contains my first crack at the new format, from the naked eye everything looks right. (So thats what, 50% chance of being right?). When we did FG v1 it took but one additional update to get it hammered out correctly so as soon as Griogre sends me a list of things needing fixed I will update it promptly.

While yes I am working on Evolution I do still and probably always will support NPC Designer. So if Fantasy Grounds V2 has some new functionality that NPC Designer can take advantage of please let me know.

Hey Vascant... want to give a plug about what Evolution is? I'm too lazy to hunt it down.

I have NPC-D and really like it (though, honestly I've never used it as I'm running a premade module right now) but look forward to the time I do get to use it for 'real'.

Thanks for the work.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    Hey Vascant... want to give a plug about what Evolution is? I'm too lazy to hunt it down.
    The concept behind Evolution is pretty simple, as I am sure the guys here found out with FG. When you do the first version, you learn a lot of things along the way, I kind of laugh now as I thought I knew d20 before doing NPC Designer.. So I have taken some concepts that I learned along the way and added some things I "should" have done and removed some barriers. It handles characters and NPCs pretty much the same, you can use it to handle management of information or just one time generation. I also have created what I refer to as Code Generators, which allow users to convert PCGen data over to something Evolution can handle. These same tools were used in the creation of the SRD so they have been tested time and time again.

Before you ask, yes it will have an Export for both versions of FG.

Once this initial step is finished I plan on moving to Campaign Management and Module/Adventure/Encounter Generation.

That in a nutshell is Evolution

Sounds great. I already know you do great work. When Evolution 1.0 comes out make sure you come here to post about it so we can all rush out to get it.

rv

Round 2 of the new export has been released with NPC Designer 1.0.183

Griogre gave me a quick report of some last things to be cleaned up so I have updated NPC Designer to 1.0.184 with the latest changes.

Thread Information