FG Spreadshirt Swag

Unity: die.value compared with die.result

Hi

The last update of FGU fixed some issues related to dice mechanics. I have seen that there is now a new entry in the die table, the .value What is the difference to the existing .result? I see that the function total uses .value for FGU and otherwise .result as usual

I ask because of compatibility of my extensions. I have coded (dis)advantage effects for all possible rolls by changing the ActionsManager. Basically the idea is to double the dice pool and to compare the results (take the higher result of a pair in the case of advantage for example). To do so, I compared the .result numbers, but for FGU it is probably better to use the .value number? To cater for things like reroll in 5e in FGU? (okay, 5e is a bad example because there is already an advantage effect, but you hopefully understand what I mean)

Thanks in advance

Best,

Kelrugem

The .result is the number displayed on the die; while .value is the number used to calculate the total. For example, when using success tests (such as Shadowrun), the .result would have the d10 values to display on the dice; and the .value would contain the 0 or 1 to calculate successes.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The .result is the number displayed on the die; while .value is the number used to calculate the total. For example, when using success tests (such as Shadowrun), the .result would have the d10 values to display on the dice; and the .value would contain the 0 or 1 to calculate successes.

Regards,
    JPG
    aaah, that makes sense, thanks a lot for the explanation Then I should still use the .result for my code, also in FGU, I think

Yes, but if you modify the .result, then you need to set .value as well or set .value = nil.

That's the changes I've been making in the rulesets to get everything working.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yes, but if you modify the .result, then you need to set .value as well or set .value = nil.

That's the changes I've been making in the rulesets to get everything working.

Cheers,
    JPG
    ah, makes sense, thanks for the advice

Thread Information