FG Spreadshirt Swag

Custom Race Ability Score Issues

Hi, I'm trying to create a few custom races for my upcoming campaign and I can't seem to get the ability score increase to work properly. The size/speed/darkvision etc seems to be added properly to the character but the ASI still shows as 0 across the board regardless of my wording. It doesn't seem to work in the character wizard or just by dragging the race onto a blank character sheet. Any help would be great.ASIerror.pngASIerror.png

Hi halsfield, welcome to FG.

I'm not sure if the wizard can handle custom races or not but it should certainly work by dragging and dropping.

Are you using any extensions perhaps? If so maybe try in a new campaign without extensions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It looks like you are using the new Character Builder?
    Maybe it doesnt support custom Races...?
    I think you're correct. I got it to work by making a duplicate of a phb race and editing it with the stuff i wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi halsfield, welcome to FG.

I'm not sure if the wizard can handle custom races or not but it should certainly work by dragging and dropping.

Are you using any extensions perhaps? If so maybe try in a new campaign without extensions.
    Brand new to FG so no extensions or anything custom just yet. It was not working by dragging and dropping but i did get it to work in the wizard by duplicating a race from the phb and then editing it.

Quote Originally Posted by halsfield View Post
    Brand new to FG so no extensions or anything custom just yet. It was not working by dragging and dropping but i did get it to work in the wizard by duplicating a race from the phb and then editing it.
    A few clarifications first, The ASI window is for ASI picked with feats. A race's improvements won't appear there. Only when you use a feat as an Ability Score Improvement will a value appear there. Also, custom races aren't currently supported but that being said, as long as you use the exact same syntax as an official race, especially a PHB race, it should work.

Now, with those out of the way, this means I need to check race stats again since what you show as not working should be working. Thanks for the heads up.

Thread Information