5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    The specific issue that jdunlap posted about will need to be resolved on a case by case basis.

The issue is that FGC could use text encoding that used windows-1252 (specifically characters 127 through 159) encoding instead of ISO-8859-1 which is what FGU supports (even though technically FGC only supported ISO-8859-1, it allowed Windows-1252 encoding). Windows-1252 has extra characters that are not in ISO-8859-1, so if those characters are used, you will see the behavior that you see in that screen shot, the specific characters in that screen shot that are problematic are 145-148, changing them to ISO-8859-1 22 and 27 (or the equivlent XML coding as kevininrussia did) will resolve that particular issue. However, it has to be done inside the module xml.

Previous discussion here and here.

If the module in question is one from the Fantasy Grounds store, please post the module name so that the devs can see it, and get into the lost of items to be fixed.

If the module was purchased at a 3rd party site, please let that author know so that they can fix the font issue.

SmiteWorks are looking into a central solution to identifying and fixing the FGU character issue across all products.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 15th, 2020 at 09:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was speaking more of in-module issues such as certain characters being replaced by squares. It really breaks immersion during the game for modules that have not been updated for Unity. (Some of which may never be.) It actually even happens in an adventure that I own that says on the store page that it is compatible with Fantasy Grounds Unity. It works, other than messed up text in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by jdunlap View Post
    I was speaking more of in-module issues such as certain characters being replaced by squares. It really breaks immersion during the game for modules that have not been updated for Unity. (Some of which may never be.) It actually even happens in an adventure that I own that says on the store page that it is compatible with Fantasy Grounds Unity. It works, other than messed up text in the story.
    Would you mind posting which module?

I am sure the devs would like to know what it is to get it fixed. The fix is not super difficult (I imagine they can do a search and replace), but with 1700+ items in the store, I am sure it would be helpful if you could say which one it is.
    Last edited by Sulimo; July 15th, 2020 at 18:00.

Sorry, I hadn’t seen all of the intervening responses. We are currently playing the Hell’s Rebels Adventure Path and are on Module 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jdunlap View Post
    Sorry, I hadn’t seen all of the intervening responses. We are currently playing the Hell’s Rebels Adventure Path and are on Module 2.
    Can you provide screenshots or locations for each of the ones you've found?

Also have you tried reverting the module?
    Last edited by lokiare; July 15th, 2020 at 17:53. Reason: Added more instructions

I can't provide screenshots for all of them without posting the entire contents which would likely be viewed as a copyright violation. Here are nine screenshots that would hopefully illustrate the problem and how pervasive it is.

2020-07-15-12-44-27-113820.png
    2020-07-15-12-45-27-773238.png
    2020-07-15-12-45-58-342874.png
    2020-07-15-12-46-13-463241.png
    2020-07-15-12-46-28-268707.png

And what do you mean by "revert" the module?

Okay, I found the "Revert Changes" by right-clicking. It didn't fix it. I also deleted the module from my vault and redownloaded. Still has the issues.

Thread Information