Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

I bought Fantasy Grounds Classic on Steam before I knew about Unity

I bought Fantasy Grounds Classic on Steam before I knew about Unity. Anyway to upgrade or convert over to Unity. Really don't want to buy a whole new system.

If has been less than 2 hours of play time, Steam will automatically refund any purchase. If it has been longer (but less than 30 days), you can still ask for a refund and ask them to ask us to approve. (Not sure on their official policy after 2 hours play time, but sooner is better.)

Otherwise, we are working towards a FGU release on Steam, but we don't quite have all the pieces in place yet. We'll make an announcement when it is available both here and in the newsletter.

Please note that FGU is still Early Access, and has known issues including networking issues. We are recommending that anyone who is sensitive to week-to-week issues hold off on FGU until full release.

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah I've owned it about 2 or 3 weeks now, probably will have to wait until the unity comes out on Steam I guess.

Silly question though, but why are they not compatible with each other?

And if the question is about why Unity and Classic cannot communicate with each other, it is likely due to using Unity. Unity has built-in networking that makes development much easier and faster for the devs that works in its own way. Classic was most likely written by rolling their own networking procedures or by using a library that did it for them. Either way, the network packets from Classic would be formed differently than packets in Unity. Not really much the devs would be able to do about that other than to write their own networking code for Unity which would be more error-prone and cost more time to maintain, taking away from other tasks.

Will the moduals you bought for Classic work in unity or will I have to buy all my moduals over again for the new unity system?

Thanks!

Duum

Just saw damed post above... looks like my moduals will transfer over. Cant wait for the release of unity!

Duum

I just recently purchased Unity and ran a session today using it with an old module I had from Classic. Most things work, but I will tell you that there are some text issues at times.

They are discussed in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-issues-in-FGU

Aye. I got the demo of unity to test and I was able to see my steam purchases so I have seen it with my own eyes working. Agreed with the text issue... saw a couple of them as well... nothing misspelled, but incorrect words in the sentence so spell check would not have caught it. Unity is a great programming platform though. I hope they work out the networking things and such. It looks very promising.

Duum

Thread Information