Starfinder Playlist

Fantasy Grounds Manual - idea for easy reading for people with dyslexia.

I have dyslexia, and most of the time, it's not a problem, but if I'm tired and reading black letters on a white page, it can be hard to read for a long time, especially if I'm reading it on a screen. I have a filter on my glasses that helps, but when I look at the computer I often take them off (I wear bifocals, so I have to tilt my head back to read text).

I'm reading through the Fantasy Grounds Manual, and I had two ideas to throw out there:
    1. Kindle version? On kindle, I can change the background and letter color. I often do black background and white letters, or sepia tone. Easier on the eyes.
    2. If that's difficult, maybe an alternate manual with a light brown (parchment?) background? It might be easier for some people.

If you can't do it, no big deal at all. I just take more breaks. I was just thinking about this today, and wondering if it would help. I know people whose dyslexia is far worse than mine.

Thank you for the reply. I looked, and it's still black text on white background, which really isn't a big deal. As I said, I can just take more breaks, but out of curiosity, I did some research.

You CAN change the background in a PDF!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LboqpBLom3I

Click "edit" on the toolbar, select "preferences", go to "accessibility" and there's an option to set background and text color. So if there's anybody else with dyslexia or a similar reading or eye challenge, this may help.

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I looked, and it's still black text on white background
    You should be able to change the background in your ePub reader application if using ePub format.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you! I opened it in a browser, so didn't immediately see the tools, but I found the tools in adobe reader, so the pdf works for me. Thank you for your help!

You--and others with dyslexia--might also want to consider trying my new FG Unity font extension:
    CoreRPG OpenDyslexic2 Font Extension
    Last edited by bmos; October 10th, 2020 at 17:30.

Thread Information