STAR TREK 2d20

Morecore Parameter Question

I'm using Morecore to do Cortex Prime, set up like Smallville. What I'm trying to do is make things easier to Challenge Values and Relationships. (Basically, you mark that stat and then it's one die size down for the rest of the session. It also needs to be easy to see at the end that it's been used.)

I'm wanting to know if I can do the following with parameters. (Google has failed me)

Either:
    Subtract 1 parameter from another to determine die size. so p1=8 p2=2 roll ends up being 1d6 (8-2)
    OR
    Turn Parameter 2 so that 2nd box can show up as a Letter instead of a Number.. So that it would look on the page like Value # C (roll icon) (star to open the info)

Blog Entries
    Hi godfatherbrak

Can you provide a much more detailed description/explanation?

Do you use the same Dice for every skill?
    When you mark a Stat does it always only effect that Stat? Can it ever effect other Stats?
    What is the actual dice mechanic?
    You are just trying to roll the highest possible number?
    Can you ever mark a Stat twice?
    Can you ever do it the other way? Mark a Stat to increase the dice instead of decrease it?
    What are all the possible dice possibilities? d20, d12, d10, d8, d6, d4? Do you ever do 2d10, 2d8, 2d6 etc?
    What are you rolling against? Is it a fixed target?
    How do you know if its a success?
    Are there degrees of success?
    Are there additional modifiers?

Right now I think the only way you would do this just now is like this - Recrd the normal dice in p1 and the current dice in p2 and just set all the dice to use /die 1d(p2)

smallville.jpg

So here's what I'm trying to do:
    /pool 1d(p1)
    Rachel has Truth at d10 (p1=10)
    If she Challenges that, she'd reduce that stat by 1 die step for the rest of the session. If p2 could be used reduce p1 by (2xp2) that would be what I need.
    So if she challenges that 10 (p1) once, it should give her a d8 to roll. If she challenges it twice, a d6.

That's literally all I need. None of the rest is applicable.

When I tried what you mentioned, it could be used to have p1 showing the original but they would adjust p2. It'd be nice if there was a way to put a 1 or 2 in p2 and if that could reduce the die size in p1.
    Last edited by godfatherbrak; July 11th, 2020 at 05:31.

Blog Entries
    I would just write the characters normal value in one field and the current value in a second field and use the second field in the roll. At the end of each session the player should reset their values.
    Other than that we would need a custom roll.

Thread Information