STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Today there was an update to the Bestiary in the live channel. This has NPC ability automation available for levels -1 through 5. See details (and links to a video and Google doc) in post #3.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is impressive, I have just purchased the Bestiary through HumbleBundle so now I've added the FGU module.

One interesting thing that I noticed in the video is that the Bloodseeker gains as many temp hp as it drains.
    But the automation has 1d4 damage and 1d4 heal. I take it there is no variable placeholder that can be used so that the same value is used for both.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    I take it there is no variable placeholder that can be used so that the same value is used for both.
    Correct. Damage and heal are two different actions.

I have some ideas for storing previous damage rolls - primarily for activities that do multiple damage rolls and combine to bypass resistance, etc, but that's something for the future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This update has been amazing, unfortunately my party is level 7 now so I'm not making the best use of the automation yet but I'm incredibly excited to see more plus having the ability to do it myself is great! Huge props to Trenloe, Blackfoot and Shaderaven you guys are actually amazing

Working on Creature 6s today, now that I got some of the Drag n Drop stuff done, so that's not far off. Hopefully, though, you'll see good examples in the previous stuff that could help if you want to build the automation yourself I am also releasing the next instructional video very soon for those who want to see visual instructions.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Fantastic update! Are there plans for creatures from APs (hint hint curse of extinction modules)?

Quote Originally Posted by meowy View Post
    Fantastic update! Are there plans for creatures from APs (hint hint curse of extinction modules)?
    Ironically, it was GMing an AP that made me realize it is nice to have them updated for the new features (but I had to do it by hand, myself).

Since they aren't my projects, I can't directly affect those products myself, but I am sure we can figure out something to eventually get them updated one way or another
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Big thumbs up for the ability automation feature that lists all important abilities in the combat tracker!

Hmm.... following the video, I have created a copy of Bloodseeker from the SR Bestiary module and there's no automation showing up under the existing abilities. When I create a new one though it shows up. Should it be like this?

Quote Originally Posted by ivell View Post
    Hmm.... following the video, I have created a copy of Bloodseeker from the SR Bestiary module and there's no automation showing up under the existing abilities.
    The automation hasn't been added to the SR Bestiary, it's been added to the official Bestiary.

Thread Information