STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Sure, I know. But what I mean is that the input does not show at all for existing entries. It does for new properties only. So if I say, would like to take my old (not even in SR Bestiary) NPC and add some automation, I would have to copy-paste all properties from old inputs to the new ones. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by ivell View Post
    Sure, I know. But what I mean is that the input does not show at all for existing entries. It does for new properties only. So if I say, would like to take my old (not even in SR Bestiary) NPC and add some automation, I would have to copy-paste all properties from old inputs to the new ones. Just FYI.
    Make sure you've enabled the campaign option to show the automation fields. Detailed in post #3 of this thread. If this is not what you're referring to then please post screenshots explaining your issue. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I don't even have that "A" icon.

So here I did copy Bloodseeker from the Fall of the Plaguestone adventure.
    Image 1: no "A" icon
    Image 2: unlocked - no automation input in the current abilities
    Image 3: Added new ability and it has Automation input.

automation_1.jpg
    automation_2.jpg
    automation_3.jpg

I don't even have that "A" icon.

So here I did copy Bloodseeker from the Fall of the Plaguestone adventure.
    Image 1: no "A" icon
    Image 2: unlocked - no automation input in the current abilities
    Image 3: Added new ability and it has Automation input.
    What have you set for the Experimental Development -> Show Ability Automation Field in your campaign options?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Aaahh that way... I understood this "option" is the "A" icon itself. Got it now! Thanks for explanation.

Glad we got there!

I understood this "option" is the "A" icon itself.
    The "A" indicates that there *is* some automation already there. This is used throughout the ruleset where automation has already been entered for a record.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The automation hasn't been added to the SR Bestiary, it's been added to the official Bestiary.
    At some point, I will update (SR) Bestiary to catch up with the times but, for obvious reasons, the importance of getting the official Bestiary updated to have all the automation work done for it (including processes and improvements yet to be implemented) take top priority.

I do know there's a formatting issue introduced with some of the new data structure which results in some oddities on the combat tracker. I hope it isn't too distracting. I believe Trenloe indicated that he would do an update that would eliminate this little irritant in the future.

I do have plans to release a new video giving further insight on Automation in the next couple days. I did record one quickly last week before we went off on our lakeside vacation but I wasn't satisfied with the audio quality so I will have to rerecord it. Hopefully, that'll help make automation even easier.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Do we know of any plans to update the adventure path modules for automation? It's already great to get the extra information in the combat tracker, but automation sure would be even better.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; August 4th, 2020 at 10:00.

It's on my list. Rest assured, the Agents of Edgewatch series (AP3) will also come with it from the get-go.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Release 17b has gone live today. This is mostly APG compatibility updates/fixes - list of items here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gust-11th-2020

I also slipped this in:

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information