FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Cyberpunk 2020 - CP3002.2 Module

Cyberpunk 2020 Core Rulebook - CP3002.2 Module
    I have received permission from R. Talsorian to make a fan-made module. The stipulation is that it cannot negate the need to purchase the book. As such, I will not be publishing a complete reference manual. Only information needed to play using Fantasy Grounds Unity will be provided.

This module may be deleted at any point by request by R. Talsorian games.
    If you want to support Cyberpunk 2020, please visit https://talsorianstore.com/ and buy some of their amazing products. This is not an ad, I just support what I love.

Modules will be released by section until completed and compiled. Please see below for what we have so far.

Modules
    Section 1 - Roles
    Section 2 - Nope
    Section 3 - Nope
    Section 4 - Skills
    Section 5 - Items
    Section 6 - Cyberware
    Section 7 - Nope
    Section 8 - Nope
    Section 9 - Nope
    Section 10 - Nope

This module requires jixerprime's Cyberpunk 2020 (MoreCore Extension).

Special thanks to Verenti and jixerprime.
    Last edited by myogaman; August 7th, 2020 at 12:26. Reason: Added cyberware.

Blog Entries
    Hi myogaman

Unfortunately I think you have included too much information. It appears as though you have included full text descriptions etc. This would negate the need for someone to own the rulebook to play which is not R Talsorians intention when granting permission to upload limited data. Please can you remove all descriptions unless you get explicit permission in writing. Thanks.

As per the other thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...1&d=1594043735

He explicitly asked if he could use the descriptions and the unique names, to which they said he could use the text in the book. One could argue that they didn't understand the request, but it seems pretty unambiguous.
    Last edited by Verenti; July 9th, 2020 at 15:34.

Blog Entries
    Im arguing he didnt understand the request or you (plural) didnt understand the response or how to phrase the question.

The first module I downloaded contains cut and paste entire blocks of descriptive text.
    It totally does away with the need to purchase rulebooks if you continue the way you have and there is no way you could claim no breach of copyright with this degree of content.
    Please remove the downloads.
    Please take some screen shots of what you have done and share with R Talsorian.
    Perhaps additionally take some screen shots of barebones entries and share with R Talsorian.
    If he/she/they confirm again in writing that one or both are ok then we have a definitive answer.

Its 1am here so its unlikely ill make further comment or take any action in the next fistful of hours but I will without explicit confirmation.

I may be wrong but you lose nothing if you have to take it down until you get concrete approval.

Initial request for permission.
    1D8B4FAB-F364-483F-8A14-4135AA9229CD.png
    CF00A17A-9B2C-4A0B-8E5E-5334BB34B846.png

Screenshot of module.
    2B458AF3-3C4D-449F-9190-5255ABDD890C.jpeg
    A85041BE-FFCE-4074-BCB0-6499F85519D8.png

Clarification if text can be used from the book.
    D3544E76-B77B-4A9C-B9A0-0C03F54CB5A3.png

I apologize if I took the module beyond the permissions granted. I believed that I was given the okay.

Blog Entries
    Thats great myogaman

So the permission granted screenshots were from the initial request.

The screenshots you have posted I dont have an issue with.
    Its the entries that have full text descriptions - eg your Roles like Rockerboy
    We need to see R Talsorians response on those please.
    Please post the answer when you get a response to your latest request with screenshots.

Im sorry for appearing heavy handed but this is a commercial website and the interests of both R Talsorian (and all other publishers/authors) and SmiteWorks need to be protected.

Im really excited to see what you are doing and that R Talsorian is happy to let you use some material.
    We just need to nail down what some really means.

Okay, R. Talsorian has requested us to not include flavor text blurbs. I will revise the Roles module to only reference skills and double check if that (and initial skill point values) are allowed.

I’m heading out to work but will post again once I have screen shots of an approved version.

Blog Entries
    Hi myogoman

Thank you for persisting with this.
    B is pretty much what I thought would be allowed.

You can also do one of the following if it suits you:

in A write:
    See description on page 23
    or
    See Description in Chapter 3, Roles

or if you were feeling incredibly creative
    write a one line description in your own words like:
    As a Rockerboy use music to inspire and manipulate those around you.

Doing anything more would infringe on the Publishers good will.

Took a break, but added Cyberware. Special thanks to Verenti! Project is basically on the back burner until we can integrate more stuff as an extension (marking progression points, etc).

Anyone who wants to add to this, just hit me up!

Thread Information