5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    thats certainly not my understanding of how the DM's guild works. I thought it gave you permission to use WOTC's IP a quick google shows loads of products on DM's guild using Drow and beholders, here is just one example

https://www.dmsguild.com/product_inf...57&language=en

while this page explicitly gives you permission to use tthe beholder stst block or any other official 5e NPc as long as you publish via the DM's Guild

https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-u...-OGL-Questions

Blog Entries
    On the DMsGuild you can use all of the WotC monsters (spells, classes, etc). That is central to the CCA that is posted earlier in this thread.

What you can not do is COPY (drag and drop) one of these creatures from the FG version for export in one of your own modules. You must manually create the stat block in FG on your own.

This is because the CCA does not include permission to copy the FG XML itself, which is protected.

Yes this may seem strange, but it is what it is, and it is not really any different than if you are publishing a print or PDF product, because you can not copy via drag and drop from a printed book to your Word/Publisher/Etc file that you use to create your PDF version.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Or you can drag it in, change the token for a letter token and delete the flavour text...
    What I don't understand is why you can't just have a link to the official FG module so you only open up the npc if you have already purchased the licence to use it from Smiteworks? So if you haven't purchased the official licenced version of the monster manual you can't see the stat block in your DM'S guild module?

Blog Entries
    I really dont understand why this thread goes over and over the same points.

My exact words were "For the DMsG you can use the names."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    What I don't understand is why you can't just have a link to the official FG module so you only open up the npc if you have already purchased the licence to use it from Smiteworks? So if you haven't purchased the official licenced version of the monster manual you can't see the stat block in your DM'S guild module?
    You can. The general consumer expectation is that a FG module is stand-alone and requires no other modules to use. BUT, if you don't want to do that, it's fine, just make a link like you suggest and make it clear on your product description that other products are required to fully use the module.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

And to be clear, for SRD monsters, can you copy the FG record into your module, as-is?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zuilin View Post
    And to be clear, for SRD monsters, can you copy the FG record into your module, as-is?
    Yes.

Thread Information