5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Recording Sessions

Hello, I've decided to record sessions for one of my campaigns, and after opening the recording I see that everything looks to be in a lower quality that what I assigned my software. I'm currently using OBS to record and Magix Movie Edit Pro 2014 to export the video into MP4. The raw footage is blurry and you can't really read any of the text that shows up. So my question was for those of you recording your sessions using OBS, what settings are you using to make sure the video is clear? Any help would be appreciated, and if this is not the right section for this question please let me know and I'll post it in the appropriate place.

Edit: I should note that I am using Fantasy Grounds Classic, and not Unity.
    Last edited by Zahn_Corso; July 9th, 2020 at 02:33.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Zahn_Corso
    I would set the FG screen resolution to exactly the same as what you want to broadcast at.
    Eg if you are broadcasting at 1080p then you should be recording exactly 1920x1080 pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome Zahn_Corso
    I would set the FG screen resolution to exactly the same as what you want to broadcast at.
    Eg if you are broadcasting at 1080p then you should be recording exactly 1920x1080 pixels.
    I'm not trying to stream, I just want to record a video file. I don't see a setting in FG to change the resolution, how would I do that?

Blog Entries
    streaming is the same as recording and then uploading somewhere.
    if your screen is a FHD or 1080p screen then just set FG to use teh whole window and you should record the whole window.
    if your screen is bigger then you may want to set your recording app to record exactly 1920x1080 and then you manually size your FG to fit in that frame.

I have OBS set up to record the primary monitor and have FG maximized to the primary monitors screen. I've set OBS to record at the native resolution as the primary monitor but it still came out blurry in the video.
    Primary monitor is set to 1080p at 60hz, same as the OBS setting.

Well that's the thing, the raw footage is blurry not just the export. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

If you have Windows 10, just press Win + G and use the Game Bar record function. Very nice quality without having to export at the end.
    I don't record long, but you can look at the threads in my sig for demo videos recorded that way.
    Last edited by bmos; July 9th, 2020 at 15:30.

So the fix to this was to increase the UI scaling by 25% if anyone finds this.

Thread Information