5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP Pathfinder 2nd Extinction Curse Mon or Tue Eve EST

This game has been filled, thank you everyone who applied for making it hard.

FG License: FGU Ulimate, players only need demo for FG Unity
    Game System: Pathfinder, 2nd Edition

Day of week and time: Tuesday 8PM-10:30pm Time Zone: EST (UTC-4)
    If new game, planned start date: August 4th or11th
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 2 1/2 to 3 hours; weekly, with about 1 week off per month
    Term: Long Term, Adventure Path Campaign from 1st-20th level

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord with FG Teamspeak as backup
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Up to player participation, plenty of room for both.
    Number of Players in game & needed:4-5
    Character starting level & equipment:1st level, 15gp
    Character restrictions: Paizo-Published materials either what's available for Fantasy Grounds (I have and will continue to purchase everything put out for 2nd Edition for Fantasy Grounds, so if they've published it it will be available to players in my games) or what you can input/program yourself; part of the delay in start date is allowing for the Advanced Player's Guide to come out at the end of July if people want to use (and presumably input) options from there. Characters must be GOOD aligned or Lawful Neutral with strong reasons to back up the group's endeavors.

Details of your scenario:

The Extinction Curse Adventure Path is ostensibly about a group of people working in a travelling circus who get mixed up in murder plots, ancient curses, and long-buried secrets. It involves a minigame about putting on a good show in each town you visit, potential recruits you meet, a dangerous rival circus whose master you have fled because of her evil ways, and the need to make your circus the biggest thing on Golarion. Set against this backdrop, you are also adventurers exploring dungeons and fighting monsters who wish nothing less than the extinction of all life on the Isle of Kortos. It's circus folks vs. dinosaur-riding trogs.

I would very much prefer players who want to ride this strange plot into all its corners- both light and dark. PCs should be equally invested in making the circus the best it can be and saving their island. Big personalities under the big top are to be expected, but when the curtain falls, I'd rather the PCs seem like real people rather than caricatures. A long-term mindset is needed here, as it will likely take more than a year to play through.

Paizo's Description of the AP (some spoilers): https://paizo.com/store/pathfinder/a...xtinctioncurse

Free Player's Guide Available: https://paizo.com/products/btq022ks?...-Players-Guide

About me: I'm a long-time GM with good familiarity of both PF and FG, although I can still learn a thing or two as we go along. I try to breath life into npcs, run the rules fairly, adapt where the rules have holes or the rule of cool becomes more important, and love it when my PCs have personalities and backgrounds that matter. I let the dice fall where they may, do not "fudge" things, and try to run the enemies according to their personalities, powers, and intellect, so things can get dangerous with powerful and/or crafty enemies.

What Potential Players Should Do To Apply: Read the Free Player's Guide linked above. Tell me about the character or characters you'd like to potentially play. Take a look at https://pulpnocturne1930.files.wordp...ter-d-2017.pdf and answer a few dozen of these questions for yourself to get an idea of the kind of thought process I'd like in character creation. Don't forget, for PF2, to include your Ancestry(Heritage)/Background/Class. I will be choosing players based on characters I like.

PM me or post here with questions, etc.

We will be doing a session zero to build characters in FG, Probably August 4th. Especially for PCs using the Advanced Player's Guide, you won't need to have everything bolted down until then, just a good answer about who your character is.

Game has been decided for Tuesdays.
    Last edited by DMReckless; July 22nd, 2020 at 21:40.

Long time Pathfinder player here. I'm very interested in joining up. I'll have character info for you soon!

I'd love to play a classic Human Fighter in your campaign. Mondays or Tuesdays are both acceptable for me. #Monk0874

Hi am a new player to the Pathfinder community. I'd love to play in your campaign if it's on a Monday as that works best for me. #Deamon6043

Hi! Been playing 5E for about 1.5 yrs (offline+Roll20, mostly), dipping my toes into PF2! I own the core book, but haven't yet gotten the chance to play. (I've also played the Cyberpunk and FFG Star Wars TTRPGs). Unfortunately only Tuesdays work for me, but if that's what you end up going with, I'd be interested! I'm not 100% solid on a character - but I think I'd someone who does "trick riding" would be a lot of fun. The Animal Wrangler Background from the EC Player Guide. Class could actually be somewhat flexible depending on party needs/class cohesion. Champion, Ranger, Druid are perhaps the most obvious choices, but an Archetype could also work great depending on what we need. Probably Neutral Good. I'm sure I'll come up with more as I think on it.

Good for weekly Tuesdays Games. History with both 1st and 2nd Edition Pathfinder.

Interest is looking good. Got a bite or two from other recruitment channels as well. MicahaelBean, please indicate what day/days are good for you.

For those new to Pathfinder, the Advanced Players Guide will open up new options aside from the Core Rulebook and Lost Omens. This is the product page to give you some ideas of the things becoming available: https://paizo.com/products/btq023ih?...-Players-Guide

GM looking for a group to play with! Currently running Age of Ashes for a group and got the itch to get my game on!
    Have FGU Ultimate, know how FGU works, decently up to date on the rules of PF2e and pretty chill.
    Have a bunch of character concepts in mind, so can fill just about any roll and be thrilled about it.

Thanks for the looksee!

Half-Orc Bard - Shamanistic style of play, basically all "throw bones" and "juju magic" style of stuff with the Occult spell list being so supporty.
    Ranged Champion - Nothing super fancy but one of the more finesse races (Elf maybe) and go with Bow and stuff, worship one of the Nature/Hunter gods.
    Last edited by Smurfalypse; July 14th, 2020 at 16:40.

It looks like most of the interest from here and a few other places is highest for Tuesdays, so I'm officially calling this a Tuesday night game and adjusting the initial post accordingly. Sorry for anyone who was only available Mondays.

For those interested in playing on Tuesdays, please start to get some of your character concepts/stories in to me. Feel free to discuss character ideas here if you think it will help each other out, and you can always shoot me questions via PM or on discord (Reckless#3569)

Both Monday and Tuesday nights are good for me. Sorry that I didn't indicate that sooner!

Thread Information