5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Tricky pesky character sheets

I notice that almost all the rulesets have character sheets where if you write an extension that needs to be front and center in one of them - that it is actually impossible to do it generically.

This is a hypothetical, as I don't intend to bend over backwards to make any extension I make work outside of Unity 5E - but it got me thinking - what do people do if they did want to do something along these lines?

Do they just modify each XML sheet to include their code in individually for each different ruleset - then package a unique .ext for each individual ruleset (even though the lua logic is nearly the same)?

I know you can take actions in the lua side of things to handle different rulesets - but I don't see how that can work in the XML's you modify when they are not generic across rulesets.

Just curious.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Its hard to know exactly what you are trying to do but things that change character sheets are almost always going to need to be ruleset specific.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its hard to know exactly what you are trying to do but things that change character sheets are almost always going to need to be ruleset specific.
    So do you package them in separate .ext files?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information