FG Spreadshirt Swag

New and having issues

Hello, I am new to FGU. Been a roll20 player, moved here after watching some videos that convinced me this is where you should be for D&D. Anyhow, I have started importing a few of my players over, and specifically, the overseas players are having all sorts of issues making it unplayable for them. I placed a player map, set it to shared put my players token on the map, set it to visible and all he could see was a couple of monsters tokens, his token, and a big gray map...I had him move thinking it was dynamic lighting but that wasn't the case. Then he kept freezing and had to log off and on several times. Has anyone experienced issues like this? I could use some help as I would like to get this system up and running.

I use a PC running Windows 10.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to FG!

FG does tokens differently than Roll20 does.

All character and NPC (monster) tokens should be added to a map from the Combat Tracker (or an Encounter, but don't worry about that yet). PCs are added to the CT from dragging their portrait from the top left to the CT. NPCs are added to the CT from dragging their object from the NPC record to the CT. Then you drag all tokens from the CT to the map.

IMO, don't try to learn FG just by launching it and playing around, most people will struggle greatly and take a long time to learn it. Read the User Manual. Use the Tutorial campaign. Get live help on Discord, or take a free class or two at www.fantasygroundscollege.net.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There were some issues with FG freezing as players moved their tokens around a couple of versions of FGU ago.

What version were you and the players on when this happened?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay thank you, I will take a look at a couple of these classes and continue to read through the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by djbreaktime View Post
    Fgu 4.0.0
    We'd need the date next to that (v4.0.0 Ultimate (2020-xx-xx)). All 4.0.0 says is that it is FGU.

yeah thanks, it's 07/07/2020

Thread Information