FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I used Dungeon Generator to Make a LOS File and a Map

I used Dungeon Generator, to make a map and a XML LOS detention file. Then I used the "DunGen_86533767_Up to Kaer Maga.jpg" file in a module exported from FGC. How can I add the "DunGen_86533767_Up to Kaer Maga.xml" file to work with my map in FGU? Using PFRPG

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Add the xml file to the images folder inside your campaign before you export. I don't know if this will work since I don't know whether the xml file produced by Dungeon Generator is compatible with FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Add the xml file to the images folder inside your campaign before you export. I don't know if this will work since I don't know whether the xml file produced by Dungeon Generator is compatible with FG.
    Thanks, it may not be compatible, or I did something wrong.
    Last edited by dellanx; July 8th, 2020 at 14:16.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Drop the two files into the campaign/images folder.

Go to Assets, click images, Campaign

Drag the image from there into your Image/Map window.

It will load the XML and you can confirm it is working if you go to LOS mode.

Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    Drop the two files into the campaign/images folder.

Go to Assets, click images, Campaign

Drag the image from there into your Image/Map window.

It will load the XML and you can confirm it is working if you go to LOS mode.
    The procedure worked, but the XML that the site exports does not work properly.

Untitled.jpg

Thank You!

worked for me?
    Something went wrong with that XML file. Generated another and it worked.

Thank You!

It's a cool generator; but it needs doors. :-)

It's a cool generator; but it needs doors. :-)
    Yeah. I think I deleted my other XML file, and when I did corrupted the XML data. Shame I added some art to the image.

Thank You!

Hi dellanx,

If you still have the image with the original name, you can use that information to re-generate the xml if you were having issues. Just input the same options in the generator (the file name will have the seed, size and whether it was multi-level and had traps or not) and download the image, that will allow you to download the xml as well so you can try again. It's strange that it didn't work; I haven't personally encountered any issues but I'd love to know which one it was so I can see if there's anything I need to do to fix it.

That aside, I also wanted to mention there's information and a video on how to properly import the files into FGU in the F.A.Q. page.

Cheers!
    Last edited by PSNick; July 11th, 2020 at 16:56. Reason: Added video

Thread Information