DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Woah! Awesome work!
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

I just tried Starfinder and everything is running smooth and works great.

Agreed, I fired up my server to test things are the update and immediately noticed the difference. I have a stress test campaign that loads all my most intensive modules - including many many NPC records: MM, VGtM, Creature Compendium, Tome of Beasts, etc, nearly 2000 records. Before it would take 10-15 seconds, which I know isn't as bad as what some of you were experiencing, but now it loads instantly! Fantastic improvement.

off topic a sec. ( although, umm. YES. i see a huge difference as well. I would click on NPC or Spells and it would take quite some time. it is now under the 4 seconds for me as well. all but ITEMS. Items seems to take around 6 secs. ) anyways, i have seen a couple times that folks say how many records they are loading. How would i find this info for myself please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kordin View Post
    off topic a sec. ( although, umm. YES. i see a huge difference as well. I would click on NPC or Spells and it would take quite some time. it is now under the 4 seconds for me as well. all but ITEMS. Items seems to take around 6 secs. ) anyways, i have seen a couple times that folks say how many records they are loading. How would i find this info for myself please?
    You can easily get a rough estimate for the number of records loaded. Set the group to All and note the number of pages listed. FG displays lists in groups of 100 so the you can just multiply to get a as rough number. For example 3 pages means somewhere between 201-300 entries. 6 pages means somewhere between 501-600 entries.
    Last edited by mattekure; July 9th, 2020 at 01:18.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Amazing!

This was the main performance issue for myself by a long shot. This rewrite has dramatically improved response times all across FG, ranging from opening tables, to character sheets, NPC's, combat tracker, story entries, the list goes on!
    You deserve a break after this, as this was a breakthrough!

ps. Only thing left now on the performance side as far as I'm concerned is to stop the client freezing up for 3-5 seconds until becoming responsive again, after alt tabbing out of the application to do background DM work.
    But I can live with that for a bit longer, this change has made working in FG massively more enjoyable again, thank you!
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; July 9th, 2020 at 01:18.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thread Information