FG Spreadshirt Swag

FGC won't open -- error message

When I try to open Fantasy Grounds I get this error message:
    FG error message.JPG

The procedure entry point D3DXLoadMeshFromXResource could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe
    I am running Windows 10 Home (64 bit) and DirectX 12.0. The FG updater runs fine, and I updated Fantasy Grounds before trying to run it.
    Last edited by Lemonjelly; July 7th, 2020 at 19:18.

I've never seen that particular error before. My guess is that something is either overriding the DirectX library that FG is trying to run; or you have an older version of the DirectX 9 library installed on your machine.

Try re-installing DirectX 9.0c directly from Microsoft.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=34429

Regards,
    JPG

I can't install that; I have the wrong version of Windows. The installer insists on Windows 98, 2000, XP, Millenium, or some server version.

Edit:
    I tried the end-user installer here -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

with no luck. Same error message from FG.
    Last edited by Lemonjelly; July 8th, 2020 at 01:32.

I'm not sure that's the right install. It sounds like it's adding components, not necessarily the core libraries; but it is unclear. I'll see if Doug has any ideas; but as I mentioned, we haven't run into any error like that before.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Try a full system restart and then try it. The older DirectX Library FGC uses doesn’t work without a reboot.

Now I get the same message and another one saying .DLL was not found, even after running the installer again.

Blog Entries
    What DLL? Can you post the entire error message?

After restarting, the "DLL not found" error message is gone but the original one still happens. I tried running the installer with my username and password entered in the settings, and no change.

Edit:
    I've updated my drivers, rerun the updater, tried activating some legacy effects, and reinstalled DirectX several times. None of it has worked. My graphics card is a GTX 1050 Ti. Is there a version of the driver that works with Fantasy Grounds? This problem has been going on since I installed it.
    Last edited by Lemonjelly; July 14th, 2020 at 22:35.

Thread Information