STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Sweepstakes? For who?

Seems unfair to those who don't twitter or tweet, cant enter the sweepstakes? My online presence is Fantasy Grounds. Is there any way to enter the sweepstakes without Facebook, twitter, insta-what ever? Anybody else in the same boat?

Blog Entries
    The purpose of the sweepstakes is to have the FG community advertise FG to their friends etc. i.e. it's an advertising campaign. Social media provides a low cost approach to advertising (by doing sweepstakes and giveaways like this). How else can the sweepstakes be run at a low cost that would get you to share a few hundred impressions (a media term) with potential FG customers?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcspencer View Post
    Seems unfair to those who don't twitter or tweet, cant enter the sweepstakes? My online presence is Fantasy Grounds. Is there any way to enter the sweepstakes without Facebook, twitter, insta-what ever? Anybody else in the same boat?
    I don't use social media. I am on a handful of forums. I accept that, since I don't participate in those system, I will be excluded from the benefits of using those systems.

It is really pretty simple. Like the lottery, you gotta pay to play.

If we do win, can we gift the winnings to someone else? (I already have Ultimate licences for both Classic and Unity, as well as the D&D Essentials bundle....)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    If we do win, can we gift the winnings to someone else? (I already have Ultimate licences for both Classic and Unity, as well as the D&D Essentials bundle....)
    I would assume that you can gift them if you get them. I don't know for sure, hopefully someone from SmiteWorks will drop in with a yes or no.

Yeah, I only actually use social media to enter and gamble on sweepstakes. Like liking an FB page or following a person on instagram or twitter.

I feel your pain man. Marketing people always take for granted that everybody is connected to some sh1te and if not, they have to else be considered second-class citizens.
    Not a single one of them puts any value for privacy, I'm afraid

To be fair, marketing is all about spreading the word quickly. Social media is a great way to reach many people very quickly. Instead of a chain of contact (I contact my friend, they contact their friend), you have a net of contact (I contact all of my friends, who contact all of their friends) and you have an extremely rapid exponential growth of communication.

It would be foolish for a marketing team not to take advantage of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    I feel your pain man. Marketing people always take for granted that everybody is connected to some sh1te and if not, they have to else be considered second-class citizens.
    Not a single one of them puts any value for privacy, I'm afraid
    we're not second class - we just arent useful to them in this particular endeavor

Thread Information