STAR TREK 2d20

Some questions about the Pathfinder free x paid ruleset and legal stuff

Hello everyone.
    I’m play Pathfinder with some friends on roll20, in the free version, but we looking forward to take the ultimate license on steam.
    I downloaded de demo and start testing it, and i have some questions, maybe someone can help me.
    1: I notice that it comes with a Pathfinder ruleset, whats the diference between the “free” and the paid core rulebook?
    2: i was testing with the 5e that comes with the demo, i notice some automation with the arrows, like every time the Hunter shoots it automaticaly marks with de ammunition count.
    But i can’t do that in the pathfinder ruleset, its because i’m using de “free” ruleset?(in the paid version this works?)
    3: i was looking for the trasnslation, in the forum and find some info on how to do it myself, is it allowed?
    4: i have the physical books (core and bestiary 1) in my native languange (Portugês-Brasil) if i buy the core and bestiary from FG store, am i allow to translate it myself and for myself alone?
    (i saw in the forum some people sharing stuff, since they can provide proof of purchase)

i'm new here and it seems that "the tavern" is the right place to ask about it.
    Sorry about my english.

Blog Entries
    Welcome legionariobr

The ruleset itself is the same in the free and paid version.
    You do get a very nice pathfinder goblin theme with the paid version but the functionality is the same.
    The paid ruleset also comes with a very good reference manual that includes all the content from the core rulebook in fantasy grounds format.
    The automation varies significantly between rulesets - many are done by different developers and over time newer systems have gotten more features.
    5E is considered the best (or second best as D&D2E includes most of 5E features and a bunch more) ruleset in terms of functionality and other systems will tend to have less. 5E is by far the most popular ruleset and does get the most development/attention.
    You can translate materials for your own use but you cannot share the unless they are OGL materials and you comply with the OGL license.
    Teh sharing stuff was from an earlier agreement with paizo where they allowed sharing of certain FG adventures on supply of proof of purchase however that has been rescinded since the Paizo material became officially licensed.
    If you do have any Paizo PDFs on your Paizo account they will give you some sort of discount if you buy the Paizo FG stuff on the FG store - it doesnt work on Steam though and if you are in Brasil Steam might be cheaper.
    If you buy on the FG store you get 30days in which you can refund if the product isnt what you wanted/expected.

Thanks a lot for your attention, steam is really cheaper.
    In that case i'll buy just the license.
    looking in the forum, i find some modules that will help save some money.
    i'll keep diging in the forum to learn more.

Once again, thanks for your time

Thread Information