Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmelt View Post
    Definitely not accurate in my testing. Unless there is a setting to change.
    FGC? FGU?

I tested with FGC immediately before posting. GM instance running a campaign and two player instances connecting. The dice for a player roll from one of the player instances was completely visible on the other player instance (and the GM instance).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by trenloe View Post
    fgc? Fgu?
    fgu.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Players can see other players dice rolls. It's just that they can't see the GM's dice rolls.
    In FGC, yes, but it is not the case for FGU seemingly Therefore I am personally not sure whether this behaviour is intended or whether this is a bug in FGU

EDIT: Woops, didn't see the second page of answers, burnmelt already gave the information about FGU

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    In FGC, yes, but it is not the case for FGU seemingly
    Interesting. I never got a chance to be a player in FGC so never knew one way or the other, but in FGU after I asked my players have my the impression it had always been that way. Either way, we are discussing FGU here, and players' die rolls definitely show up as shadows to other players.

We'll need to devs to make a comment on whether this is as designed or is an issue to be addressed later.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Has there been any resolution for this?
    I would think it has to be a bug that players don't have the option to see each others dice rolls?

This is by design currently. We may review later in future versions.

Regards,
    JPG

This isn't how it works on a real table top & honestly it removes some of the fun from the game, not being able to see a crit roll or a fumble.

I personally would also like it that the players see each others' rolls as in FGC

The dicetower used to be for hidden rolling in FGC, I really want my players to see the combat rolls. It's part of the fun and keeps me honest.

[Edit]
    The wiki for FGU states: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...0/Rolling+Dice
    ..."Chat: show GM Rolls" enabled in the campaign options.

So it's configurable.
    Last edited by Milmoor; October 4th, 2020 at 21:23.

Thread Information