DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 15 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Just to let people know, I've released an update for the FG rule set changes.

Let me know if you spot any issues, as I've not had much time to test it.

-pete
    Thank you! Will the Spell Damage extension be getting similar modifications for the Feb 16th ruleset changes?

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    Thank you! Will the Spell Damage extension be getting similar modifications for the Feb 16th ruleset changes?
    already updated spell damage as well..

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    already updated spell damage as well..

-pete
    Thank you! Much appreciated!

CT damage.png

Here is the picture that you asked from me in DM's Guild.
    The new version did not fix this.

The idea again: If you drag the damage from the modifier box on to a character in CT the damage becomes 0 for some reason. negative numbers (healing) still works, but damage does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Seliathas View Post
    CT damage.png

The idea again: If you drag the damage from the modifier box on to a character in CT the damage becomes 0 for some reason. negative numbers (healing) still works, but damage does not.
    I had no idea you could even do that...

I'll take a look, as I can reproduce this and its fine without my extension and as you say shows has zero with my extension.

( I was not clear, when you said mod box, I thought you were referring to the modifier window box, the one you can select 'critical' and 'max' etc.. on... and was not sure how you could roll dice/damage from it.. )

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; February 19th, 2021 at 20:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Seliathas View Post
    CT damage.png

posted a fixed version of the extension.

let me know if you have any other issues.

-pete

@bratch9 I'm seeing some odd behavior with the current version of the Advanced Weapon Damage Extension. While it is still "working", it's rolling dice unnecessarily where it wasn't previously. For type instances, it rolls the damage regardless if the target is applicable or not, but then works it out in the end damage to being the correct amount. For instance, the Lightbringer mace from Lost Mines of Phandelver, it does 1d6 radiant damage if the target is undead. When I attack an undead, it does the correct 2d6 rolled and presents the damage correctly, but if I attack a dragon it still rolls the 2d6 shows the initial damage information and then puts another damage number afterwards that is the correct damage for the target (minus the radiant damage that an undead would have gotten). Previously, it did not roll the extra dice if the type wasn't matching. Is this something that might be able to be corrected? Just confuses my players when they suddenly think they have a big hit coming in and then go "pooey" when it's alot less (also for the manual rollers, they are prompted to roll the additional dice on every hit [say the Dragon Slayer Longsword from LMoP where it does an extra 3d6 to dragons, they are being prompted to roll those for undead]).

You can see this in action in the attached jpg.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    @bratch9 I'm seeing some odd behavior with the current version of the Advanced Weapon Damage Extension. While it is still "working", it's rolling dice unnecessarily where it wasn't previously. For type instances, it rolls the damage regardless if the target is applicable or not, but then works it out in the end damage to being the correct amount. For instance, the Lightbringer mace from Lost Mines of Phandelver, it does 1d6 radiant damage if the target is undead. When I attack an undead, it does the correct 2d6 rolled and presents the damage correctly, but if I attack a dragon it still rolls the 2d6 shows the initial damage information and then puts another damage number afterwards that is the correct damage for the target (minus the radiant damage that an undead would have gotten). Previously, it did not roll the extra dice if the type wasn't matching. Is this something that might be able to be corrected? Just confuses my players when they suddenly think they have a big hit coming in and then go "pooey" when it's alot less (also for the manual rollers, they are prompted to roll the additional dice on every hit [say the Dragon Slayer Longsword from LMoP where it does an extra 3d6 to dragons, they are being prompted to roll those for undead]).

You can see this in action in the attached jpg.
    Its always rolled all the dice, it does this because you could have multiple targets selected and they have different requirements and weapons roll one set of dice for multiple targets against one group attack roll. ( Yes I know a lot of weapons only hit one target.. )

The system has always shown the full total dice group roll and then 'advance weapon damage' the per target specific damage. ( Which then flows into extra dice due to effects that might be active between source/target etc.. )

And because of this, manual roll entry needs to enter all the required dice.

Thanks, guess I'm confused as I would have sworn it only rolled the extra on applicable targets. Maybe I'm screwing up my extensions.

By the way, not to clog up the topic, but really appreciate the extension and how I can use it to make my and my players lives easier

Thread Information