STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 15 First 1234513 ... Last
    Hi,

I will try to find out how many weapons would benefit from this!

The weapon I wanted to program this for came from the, Ancestral Weapons DMSguild Fantasy Grounds mod.
    I'm not to familiar with all the magic weapons in FGs.. but I will try to dig through them.. so see which other would benefit from these added features.

No worries.. I knew I was asking for something major and big.. lets first figure out which weapons will get supported, to see if its worth it!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi,

I will try to find out how many weapons would benefit from this!

The weapon I wanted to program this for came from the, Ancestral Weapons DMSguild Fantasy Grounds mod.
    I'm not to familiar with all the magic weapons in FGs.. but I will try to dig through them.. so see which other would benefit from these added features.

No worries.. I knew I was asking for something major and big.. lets first figure out which weapons will get supported, to see if its worth it!

Thanks!
    While this is not an official book, its a bit above home brew... I'm not sure that I want to take on non official items, as this would go into a massive possible area of... 'Can I just have...'

Like fantasy grounds, the automation is to help the bulk, not automate everything and the rule sets are not coded with a mass of flexibility to fully automate everything.

For me its a balance of not going too far, to then make lots of other used extensions stop working, or cause a massive amount of work on top of the actual functions of my extension to keep support for them.. ( As I might end up having to include the concepts of other extensions to keep compatibility etc... )

I do think that we can add some extra support.

The next part for me I think is the 'logic' of combining the effects codes in the current system... Its not possible to do 'size(>m) and type(plant)' because the current code would 'or' those together... and then it makes the use of '!' to invert, an issue because A & B is going to become !A | !B, for when you want to have 2 different lines for the case like you used the 'power' and '!power'.. At the moment 'type(undead)' and '!type(undead)' work well, but 'type(dragon) & align(evil)' and its inverse does not function..

I do think the likes of the CoS 'Blood spear' does suggest options to add, but in my limited collection of official books, this seems rare.. Mainly weapons tend to just deal extra damage to some things, and the extension does this well.. and so covers a lot of the bluk.

One thing I do want to look into is the 'forge' to see what I would need to do to support combining, but this again could get very complex to support and I've not used it at all, so no idea how 'powerfull' the tool is etc..

-pete

Can I add a condition to the damage line where the damage only occurs on a critical?
    Like a weapon with the Vicious Quality they do an extra 7 hps damage with a critical hit (maybe i could have 2d6 in dice box).

Is this possible with the Weapon damage Extension ,I have just bought it and am trying to learn how to use it.
    If so what do I type in the DAMAGE TYPE line?

Could you give me an example of Effect(condition).

Another Question,can i apply an effect to an enemy target like ongoing damage(DMGO) or do i need to do this by dragging such an effect onto the target in the combat tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by seanny View Post
    Can I add a condition to the damage line where the damage only occurs on a critical?
    Like a weapon with the Vicious Quality they do an extra 7 hps damage with a critical hit (maybe i could have 2d6 in dice box).

Is this possible with the Weapon damage Extension ,I have just bought it and am trying to learn how to use it.
    If so what do I type in the DAMAGE TYPE line?

Could you give me an example of Effect(condition).

Another Question,can i apply an effect to an enemy target like ongoing damage(DMGO) or do i need to do this by dragging such an effect onto the target in the combat tracker?

Hi,

As of this time, you can not apply critical damage in the advanced weapons. ( But this 'should' not be hard to add... so will consider it when I get some time. )

Effect(condition), looks down target effects list for this as part of the active effects list. ( See attached, and have a look at 'Hew (effect)', which is configured to use an effect check in the damage line, and has a 'power' action line you can drag onto targets to mark with the matching effect... its dont this way with 'hew' because not all creatures are marked as 'plant' or 'wood', so you need some way for you/or dm to mark those as taking max damage etc.. )

( in the attached I check for 'blinded', and you can see it only applies to the required bear target. )

The system can not add 'effect lines' to targets, so you have to do that by hand on the combat tracker.

-pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

I sorta worked out how the effect condition worked ,I created an effect called GREEN TROOPS and dragged it to a few enemies and had one of my created magic weapons use this in the damage line, it did work the GREEN TROOPS took the extra damage. I did this before I read your post.
    I will look closer at your included picture and also back to the module and the Hew effect, I did notice it but did not look initially .The dragged effect if I can get it happening could be interesting.

I have already had a bit of fun with the extension, the type for example works easily ,I have yet to try size or alignment but I assume i can. These alone gives a lot of possibilitys to magic weapons.

I will play with the extension some more ,I like having some nifty features in magic weapons.

I really would like the 'critical' could be added ,it just gives so many more options, especially if I modify crit range elsewhere. Thanks ,I hope you can make this change.

I sorta worked out how the effect condition worked ,I created an effect called GREEN TROOPS and dragged it to a few enemies and had one of my created magic weapons use this in the damage line, it did work the GREEN TROOPS took the extra damage. I did this before I read your post.
    I will look closer at your included picture and also back to the module and the Hew effect, I did notice it but did not look initially .The dragged effect if I can get it happening could be interesting.

I have already had a bit of fun with the extension, the type for example works easily ,I have yet to try size or alignment but I assume i can. These alone gives a lot of possibilitys to magic weapons.

I will play with the extension some more ,I like having some nifty features in magic weapons.

I really would like the 'critical' could be added ,it just gives so many more options, especially if I modify crit range elsewhere. Thanks ,I hope you can make this change.
    updated v1.3 to process 'critical' on the damage lines now, and also can be configured in the weapon damage description.

See 'weapon.png' for an example of a vicious version of lightbringer, and 'vicious.png' for how this ends up as a weapon once dragged onto the character sheet.

( You can obviously hand edit the lines on the character sheet to add features, but I suggest your DM make custom weapon items to give out, to save players time as it is then configured as the DM wants for the player !! )

-pete

Cool thanks for the new critical feature ,tried it out just on the weapon damage line ,works great.
    Nice update.

I made some Homebrew nested random rollable tables to try out some of the features in order to make some random Unique Magic Weapons. It works really well, not quite drag and drop results from chat to damage lines but close. Then I only need to manually choose the damage dice associated with each damage line.

I have a picture here,
    with 1 sample output from my homebrew table to chat.

Thanks for your awesome extension ,without it I could not of made all of these tables and magic weapon combinations.

(Having trouble uploading my picture.)https://imgur.com/gallery/qQZhIu8
    Last edited by seanny; November 9th, 2020 at 00:11.

I made some Homebrew nested random rollable tables to try out some of the features in order to make some random Unique Magic Weapons. It works really well, not quite drag and drop results from chat to damage lines but close. Then I only need to manually choose the damage dice associated with each damage line.

I have a picture here,
    with 1 sample output from my homebrew table to chat.

Thanks for your awesome extension ,without it I could not of made all of these tables and magic weapon combinations.

(Having trouble uploading my picture.)https://imgur.com/gallery/qQZhIu8
    looks interesting, not sure on the critical range number as the extension does not manage this. ( The character sheet meta controls this, but not on a per weapon basis.. )

I've not looked at tables and 'output', so I'm not sure if it is possible to combine nested tables in such a way that you could have it dump out say the weapon description damage line, or even an actual weapon item... ( Something for me to add to my 'look into' list.. )

-pete

Yeas I do not put the crit range number in damage line,but i wanted all of these special qualities in 1 table and it does work well.It is fun to just to roll on it.

Thread Information