DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 15 First 123412 ... Last
    So, apparently, it's a conflict with 5E Enhancer - I disabled that extension and that token circle showed up. Want a weekend project?

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    So, apparently, it's a conflict with 5E Enhancer - I disabled that extension and that token circle showed up. Want a weekend project?
    This should now be fixed, if you want to download and try the updated extension.

-pete

Yup, that did it, and it didn't even take nearly all weekend!

Thanks!

I should have to spare programming time in the next couple weeks, any suggestions for changes/features/bugs now people have had a chance to use the extension...

( Or suggestions for other extensions etc... )

-pete

Extensions have been moved to be with my other ones.

-pete

Hi, I was wondering if it might be interesting to add an effect that allows you to change the damage dice for a weapon.

Like for the Shillelagh spell, in which the d6 is turned into a d8?
    Perhaps there could be an added effect line that removes damage line nr1, when the power is turned on?

In the image, in screenshot 1,2 how the change in damage dice would be cool to have.

Screenshot 3 shows how it will change now when you add an extra power to a weapon.

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 16.25.37.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if it might be interesting to add an effect that allows you to change the damage dice for a weapon.

Like for the Shillelagh spell, in which the d6 is turned into a d8?
    Perhaps there could be an added effect line that removes damage line nr1, when the power is turned on?

In the image, in screenshot 1,2 how the change in damage dice would be cool to have.

Screenshot 3 shows how it will change now when you add an extra power to a weapon.

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 16.25.37.png
    I can tell you the solution....

Damage lines 'without' any tokens are are always included.. ( As you show.. )
    Damage lines 'With' any token are always 'Processed'

The ability to use '!' as a prefix for a token should allow you to do as requested.

Basically,
    1 d6 bludgeoning,magic,!power
    2 d8 bludgeoning,magic, power

While it looks 'odd', the system considers '!power' as different to it not been on the line.

As I have to assume lines without tokens, which are the normal generated lines, should always be processed, for compatibility reasons... ( Hence the need to process '!power' etc.. )

(See attached.. as an example of power and versatile, in this case i've also enabled 'base' stat to allow the +3 on during all 4 combinations.. )

-pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png a.PNG (660.5 KB, 44 views)

Awesome Thank you , this is so cool!!!

Hi Pete,

I had an idea which might be interesting in the future. I was wondering if it might be possible, to add a condition effect when damage is rolled, such as: target becomes frightened?

It would be really cool, if this condition could be coupled to like a specific dice roll, such as 15 or higher?
    Also was wondering if a saving throw could be included, if successful the effect Frightened is not applied?

I'm not even sure if this would be possible, but would extremely cool and help automate such effects with special magic weapons.

Many thanks, for your openness and consideration to feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi Pete,

I had an idea which might be interesting in the future. I was wondering if it might be possible, to add a condition effect when damage is rolled, such as: target becomes frightened?

It would be really cool, if this condition could be coupled to like a specific dice roll, such as 15 or higher?
    Also was wondering if a saving throw could be included, if successful the effect Frightened is not applied?

I'm not even sure if this would be possible, but would extremely cool and help automate such effects with special magic weapons.

Many thanks, for your openness and consideration to feedback!
    Hi,

This looks so specific that I think it would be better with just a power-attribute line and some visual inspection..

I've wanted to expand, but causing extra effect lines like a save throw would require a lot of work to generate the flow... I'm not sure on what the weapon damage meta data box would look like, or how you would encode that in a weapon damage/description text so the weapon could be generated when it was dropped onto the character from the items menu....

I suspect it would also need extra support in both the weapon damage roll, and then also in the effects system... making it a risk that other extensions then become invalid.. ( and then the questions for, can I just make it work with x )

Is this a home brew weapon or is it a weapon from a book, I dont know all the book so dont know the source...

While I'm interested in expanding the extension, it has to 'allow' a significant number of new weapons... Adding support for just 1 or 2 weapons just not worth the time and effort..

And I worry that the effects system will just not support it without breaking other extensions.. ( so most people would not use it etc.. )

-pete

Thread Information