FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 15 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    New question.

Been experimenting with the align feature.

If I put align(chaotic neutral) in damage line ,it all works good and the creature with this alignment takes the extra damage.
    If However I put align(neutral) in damage line ,the neutral creature does not take the extra damage. Is 'neutral' by itself not enough (because 'evil' in comparison works alone)?

Quote Originally Posted by seanny View Post
    New question.

Been experimenting with the align feature.

If I put align(chaotic neutral) in damage line ,it all works good and the creature with this alignment takes the extra damage.
    If However I put align(neutral) in damage line ,the neutral creature does not take the extra damage. Is 'neutral' by itself not enough (because 'evil' in comparison works alone)?
    Hi,

Have a look at, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

This lists all the effects systems items, that the extension calls into.

-Pete

5e Conditional Operators

[alignment] = LG, LN, LE, NG, NE, CG, CN, CE, lawful, lawful good, lawful neutral, lawful evil, neutral good, neutral evil, chaotic, chaotic good, chaotic neutral, chaotic evil, good, evil
    [size] = T, S, M, L, H, G, tiny, small, medium, large, huge, gargantuan
    [type] = aberration, beast, celestial, construct, dragon, elemental, fey, fiend, giant, humanoid, monstrosity, ooze, plant, undead, aarakocra, bullywug, demon, devil, dragonborn, dwarf, elf, gith, gnoll, gnome, goblinoid, grimlock, halfling, human, kenku, kuo-toa, kobold, lizardfolk, living construct, merfolk, orc, quaggoth, sahuagin, shapechanger, thri-kreen, titan, troglodyte, yuan-ti, yugoloth
    * = Multiple entries of this descriptor type allowed.

Could this be used in PF2 to add weapon damage properties for custom effect tags (acting as conditionals)? Like a Ranger's hunt prey effect on an enemy triggering the extra damage die?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Could this be used in PF2 to add weapon damage properties for custom effect tags (acting as conditionals)? Like a Ranger's hunt prey effect on an enemy triggering the extra damage die?
    While i dont know the pf2 rules, the 5e weapon damage can check for an effect lines... so in 5e you can have a 'power' you can drag onto the combat tracker to add say effect 'bob-prey' ( so you can have multiple characters with the prey option.. ) and then a damage line in your weapon to apply only on 'effect(bob-prey)' configured to the extra dice... ( This 'should' work in 5e with awd extension. )

I had a look at the pf2 ruleset, and it looks to have some of the items needed to allow awd extension to work on pf2 ( and 3.5e, pf1, and by the looks sf ), but I'm not sure how long it would take to 'adjust' and 'verify' for other rulesets.

As you can imagine its not a simple extension and touches a lot of the weapon item,character action and damage roll calculation code, all of these tend to have per ruleset differences.

So its possible, yes... I'll add it to my look at list, as i only did a very quick look.. but i have no idea if/when/how long it might take..

Thanks, that's exactly what we would need. Currently our ranger uses two entries for normal and hunted prey (or has to drag the dice and right-click to add another one). More automation = less stumbling over mechanics.

Would your extension be able to handle Flurry of Blows, where a PC rolls two attacks and adds them together for resistance calculations if both hit, else normal single attack damage is rolled?

Hit+Hit = add damage together before applying resistance, crits double for each roll separately
    Hit+Miss / Miss+Hit = apply normal damage

Thanks for your reply. I am having a good look at the effects page. Looks ike fun, understanding it a bit more now ,it was daunting at first.

One other question, your Spell damage extension ,can i add similar effects to the weapon damage extension in the spell extension damage lines ,or is it purely for casting spells at higher levels(and thus more damage dice)?

I encountered a bug a few weeks back that I posted here in the house of healing. After a few tests I found out that the bug is connected to this modification. which would be perfect if not for this issue:

Damage Type changes to untyped when dragged onto character.

So my Party loves to roll their own saving throws when being attacked. I saw a tutorial video a while ago that you can just roll the damage in the chat window and then apply the damage via drag and drop. As you can see in the screensho I attached, the fire damage our Tiefling-Lady made changes to "untyped", so the dwarves' Ring Of Fire Resistance does not half the damage.

Unbenannt (1).JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post
    I encountered a bug a few weeks back that I posted here in the house of healing. After a few tests I found out that the bug is connected to this modification. which would be perfect if not for this issue:

Damage Type changes to untyped when dragged onto character.

So my Party loves to roll their own saving throws when being attacked. I saw a tutorial video a while ago that you can just roll the damage in the chat window and then apply the damage via drag and drop. As you can see in the screensho I attached, the fire damage our Tiefling-Lady made changes to "untyped", so the dwarves' Ring Of Fire Resistance does not half the damage.

Unbenannt (1).JPG
    I'll take a look, not sure when..

-pete

No sweat. We do not meet before tuesday, so you got plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post
    No sweat. We do not meet before tuesday, so you got plenty of time.
    Hi Ascalon,

Would you like to try the new version v1.5, this should resolve your issue.

Let me know if you find anything else.

-pete

Thread Information