FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 15 First ... 89101112 ... Last

Ive grabbed the forge version, My guess is they way the word 'max' is been used.. I'll take a look but I'm doing spell tokens code today.

Have you reported it on CA forum side ?

Yes I did, but they don't own your extension so can't work on it. Maybe you could send them a copy?. BTW I am running 2.0.4 version of their ext and 2.1 version of advanced weapon damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Yes I did, but they don't own your extension so can't work on it. Maybe you could send them a copy?. BTW I am running 2.0.4 version of their ext and 2.1 version of advanced weapon damage.
    I had a quick look, and I dont see a solution.

Basically they have a 'max' damage type which is the same as my 'max' damage type. So both will get processed. My extension will see CA max on the damage line as AWD max on the damage line, but both are different things.

One extension would have to use a different name to resolve the conflict. I did not check for code conflicts but had a quick look at the use of 'max' in CA. So this was a quick glance at the code.

Ok I hope a solution can be found as both are very useful in there own way and had I realised the conflict was there I wouldn't have purchased from DmsG.

Ok I hope a solution can be found as both are very useful in there own way and had I realised the conflict was there I wouldn't have purchased from DmsG.
    Depending on the time you purchased AWD, you could always refund it.

But do not be upset with my extension, CA is at fault for this one.

FG uses 'max' at a specific roll point to increase the values on the dice to the max value for the dice type. AWD uses that same point to do the same thing on a per line bases. They work together without conflict because AWD follows the FG specification for what 'max' is designed to do. ( attached max.jpg, shown in a spell token campaign because i'm only showing the modifier max in FG )

CA goes off and conflates what 'max' does in FG, they have the issue. And should not be using the term 'max' or change the [MAX] specification of FG. Because they are not processing 'max' as changing the dice roll value early to max value, they are using it to damage the max health of a create. ( if I recall the usage. )

CA is in conflict with FG, they probably have to 'fudge' the ruleset code to make what they want to work. It is up to the CA team to sort this conflict out, as they are breaking FG specification. ( Not AWD )
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've linked the creator to your post

I've linked the creator to your post
    So looked at AWD, I use 'maxdice', so maybe CA is just spotting 'maxdice' as 'max' depending on how they are doing the match ?

I'll take a better look with some test cases in a campaign at some point, as just quick looks at code I have not updated for a while and my memory of these things. So not 100% sure on the exact interactions of what is going off with this.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Depending on the time you purchased AWD, you could always refund it.

But do not be upset with my extension, CA is at fault for this one.

FG uses 'max' at a specific roll point to increase the values on the dice to the max value for the dice type. AWD uses that same point to do the same thing on a per line bases. They work together without conflict because AWD follows the FG specification for what 'max' is designed to do. ( attached max.jpg, shown in a spell token campaign because i'm only showing the modifier max in FG )

CA goes off and conflates what 'max' does in FG, they have the issue. And should not be using the term 'max' or change the [MAX] specification of FG. Because they are not processing 'max' as changing the dice roll value early to max value, they are using it to damage the max health of a create. ( if I recall the usage. )

CA is in conflict with FG, they probably have to 'fudge' the ruleset code to make what they want to work. It is up to the CA team to sort this conflict out, as they are breaking FG specification. ( Not AWD )
    Max, as a modifier, is indeed built in to FG. As a damage type though, it is very much so not. And CA does in fact succeed at accomplishing one of its core competencies; it is not completely failing to function when loaded on its own within the 5e ruleset. Further, I have taken great pains to ensure that not a single line of ruleset code is excluded nor function duplicated when handling the "max" damage type; CA is a strict addition of functionality in this regard. Lastly, CA does not experience any difficulties when used in conjunction with a fairly substantial number of other extensions; the only other conflicts occur occasionally when interacting with two Wild Shape extensions, as a completely separate pool of health and potential replacement of ability scores is involved.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Thread Information