FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums Tigermanic!

You can do that with an effect applied to the animal companion in the combat tracker: IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d4 slashing Then ensure that the flat-footed condition is applied correctly to the target.

More info on effects here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...PFRPG2+Effects
    Oh! I just noticed. The damage type on sneak attack - shouldn't it be "precision" instead of "slashing"?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Oh! I just noticed. The damage type on sneak attack - shouldn't it be "precision" instead of "slashing"?
    My understanding is "precision" means the same type of damage that is already being done.
    An effect doesnt know the type of damage that is being done by the Creature it has been placed upon so the human has to do it manually.
    At least I dont think effects are that smart.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

The effect will do the damage, and precision is the damage type because there are immunities for it. One of my players uses a similar effect for his ranger.

Yeah, I double checked with the rogue character in my AoA campaign and it should definitely be precision. Otherwise creatures immune to sneak attack won't get their immunity.

Delete Me
    Last edited by Willot; July 10th, 2020 at 06:33.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Think it just must be the way FG is handling it

Quote Originally Posted by PF2e Core Handbook
    Precision (damage type) A type of damage that increases the attack’s listed damage,
    using the same damage type, rather than adding a separate amount. pg452
    So 10 slashing Plus 6 precision

Is the same as saying 16 slashing. UNLESS there is a feat or something that say otherwise about the precision portion. EG: IMMUNE: precision. then it would only be the 10 slashing.

For the most part I think it should work, although there might be a problem when something is immune to precision
    See here
    Precision.png

It wouldnt crop up that much but nice to be aware
    I swear Paizo is TRYING to make it hard for all the VTT guys LOL
    Last edited by Willot; July 10th, 2020 at 06:51.

Looking at the cat animal companion in the Core Rules, the "special" entry is "Your cat deals 1d4 extra precision damage against flatfooted targets."

A cat has two attacks - jaws (piercing damage) and claw (slashing damage).

Precision damage runs in tandem with normal damage. In FG this is setup with two (or more) damage types - the original weapon damage types and precision. So, in this case, for the jaws it would be DMG:1d4 piercing, precision and for the claw would be DMG: 1d4 slashing, precision

So, one effect isn't going to cover this - there'll need to be the relevant one active depending on the attack used, which could be both within a round (maybe switching to the claw ,which is agile so less MAP, for 2nd/3rd attacks).

There are additions to the effects system coming in future releases. I'm planning on looking at adding in the weapon name as a special component to attack and damage, so that the attack name can be used to filter effects for a specific weapon/attack. But that's not available yet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah the whole weapon damage system may have to be pulled down and rebuilt, what with this sorta thing and Flurry Of Blows and Double slice combining damages with differing rules on whether multi attack penalties are applied and when.

Better you than me

That's funny, I thought it was already handling precision damage that way.

Also, immunity to precision comes up more often than you'd think. At least in my experience, it's certainly come up more often than high levels of resistance to slashing/piercing/bludgeoning damage does.

So I just tested this and actually Fantasy Grounds handles precision damage correctly.

Give one character "IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision" and another character both "Flat-footed" and "IMMUNE: piercing".

If you have the first character deal piercing damage to the second, the precision damage will be added to the roll but the total damage will be reduced to 0. If you change to "IMMUNE: precision", then only the precision damage will be resisted.

Thread Information