FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    So I just tested this and actually Fantasy Grounds handles precision damage correctly.
    Thanks for testing.

I forgot that precision is part of the special damage types list that gets added to the base damage type, not as a new damage clause.

So, for the OP, they just need a single effect: IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d4 precision and this will handle correctly for both the cat's jaws and claw attacks. Taking the following as the example (from page 215 of Core Rules):

Code:
    Melee [one-action] jaws (finesse), Damage 1d6 piercing
    Melee [one-action] claw (agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 slashing
    Special Your cat deals 1d4 extra precision damage against flatfooted targets.
    Using the IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d4 precision effect, would give the following against flat-footed targets:

Jaws: 1d6 piercing + 1d4 piercing, precision
    Claw: 1d4 slashing + 1d4 slashing, precision

So, in this case, it's working well.

Thanks again for the sanity check MaxAstro, I've written thousands of lines of code in this ruleset and sometimes forget the details stuff I did a few months ago.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Totally understandable, Trenloe. I maintain a few thousand lines of code I've written as part of my job and honestly there are entire sections that I have no memory of writing.

Thread Information