DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    So I just tested this and actually Fantasy Grounds handles precision damage correctly.
    Thanks for testing.

I forgot that precision is part of the special damage types list that gets added to the base damage type, not as a new damage clause.

So, for the OP, they just need a single effect: IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d4 precision and this will handle correctly for both the cat's jaws and claw attacks. Taking the following as the example (from page 215 of Core Rules):

Code:
    Melee [one-action] jaws (finesse), Damage 1d6 piercing
    Melee [one-action] claw (agile, finesse), Damage 1d4 slashing
    Special Your cat deals 1d4 extra precision damage against flatfooted targets.
    Using the IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d4 precision effect, would give the following against flat-footed targets:

Jaws: 1d6 piercing + 1d4 piercing, precision
    Claw: 1d4 slashing + 1d4 slashing, precision

So, in this case, it's working well.

Thanks again for the sanity check MaxAstro, I've written thousands of lines of code in this ruleset and sometimes forget the details stuff I did a few months ago.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Totally understandable, Trenloe. I maintain a few thousand lines of code I've written as part of my job and honestly there are entire sections that I have no memory of writing.

I know I'm a bit late but I didn't see, or even expect, that this question cropped up more than a single page of conversation! Thanks you so much Trenloe and MaxAstro!

I have a player who is playing a swashbuckler and how would program
    BLEEDING FINISHER [one-action] FEAT 8
    FINISHER SWASHBUCKLER
    Your blow inflicts profuse bleeding. Make a slashing or
    piercing Strike with a weapon or unarmed attack that allows
    you to add your precise strike damage. If you hit, the target
    also takes persistent bleed damage equal to your precise
    strike finisher damage.

Use the PERS effect to apply persistent damage.

See the effects page in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...PFRPG2+Effects
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Does the "magic" damage type work like precision damage in FG? Like for adding weapon dice from magic weapons. It is supposed to increase the damage dice by (at least) 1 and be considered a magical attack

-Thanks

PS: So no, this isnt the way it seems to work. Tested against a Faceless stalker with a club with magic weapon on it, stopped the bludgeoning, let all the magic through. Tested the same weapon on a greater bargest, let all the magic die through, stopped the weapon die.

PPS: Got it to work by modifying Magic Weapon to use DMGTYPE:magic, so just an error in the way SR drag'n'drop module works
    Last edited by EmptyOwl; August 17th, 2020 at 06:18.

Ok, so now I am playing with the SHILLELAGH spell:

Shillelagh (Club); DMG: 1d6; DMGTYPE: magic; IFT: TYPE (aberration, extraplanar, undead); DMG: 1d6

I added the damage and dmg type before the conditional and it works great. It rolls 2 damage dice vs most monsters and 3 dice against undead and aberrations. The only weirdness is that no creature is actually listed as extraplanar, it is a subjective creature type. I cannot figure out how to add a type to a creature using an effect. How would I do this?

-Thanks!

I think you'll have do something like "celestial, monitor, fiend" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    I think you'll have do something like "celestial, monitor, fiend" instead.
    Yes, though if you are on their plane they aren't extraplanar (and, in fact, YOU are!), but I guess that's an edge case? I thought some way of adding a creature type on the fly would be a better solution, but am not sure how to add it, or if it is even possible.

You can't add a trait on the fly via effects. You can add a custom flag to the target and use that in an IFT clause.

Thread Information