5E Character Create Playlist

Options for adding a new window

So, I've been working on creating a new window as an extension for a series of adventures I will be running with a Pathfinder group using Fantasy Grounds Classic. I have most of it figured out (just need to finish it), but I have not been able to figure out how to add a way to allow the characters to open the new window without using /openwindow. This is a sheet that is shared across the party with information about a group that they run. I wasn't happy with the way the purchased module implemented this sheet as a note and wanted a lot of automation on it. Any ideas would be welcomed, and please if you could just point me toward a script or xml file within PFRPG or CoreRPG that would show me how to do this, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Thanks damned, I'll take a look there. I figured you might be the one to respond. I've been watching your YouTube videos. Great work!

In a Pathfinder campaign that I am running, the characters are running a rebellion which has its own sheet with its own information. (It's the Hell's Rebels campaign.) This information is shared across the entire party, so placing it on a character's sheet is not the best choice because I want to keep all of the information in sync. So, I have created a new rebellion sheet window that adds information to the database. Much of this is done except for automating a lot of the calculations and implementing the OOB procedures that will be needed because the characters do not own the database node being used. (Thanks for that YouTube video!)

I have been creating the window during test by using "/openwindow rebellion_sheet rebellion" in Fantasy Grounds in order to open the window so that I can see it. What I am looking for is a way to either:

1) Add a button on the sidebar that will open the window with the appropriate database node when it is clicked.
    or
    2) Add a button to the character sheet that will open the window. (I could add the button, I just don't know how to open the window in a script.)

Of course, my player's could type the command in or add it as a shortcut, but I am trying to make it very easy.

Blog Entries
    If its a shared sheet and there is a single pane view you want to look at the Party Sheet (or the Combat Tracker but PS is a little simpler).

Have a look at the \scripts\data_desktop.lua in CoreRPG.
    Lines 111 onwards

You might notice its possible to have different displays for GM and for Player too. I dont know if that is useful or not.

Thank you so much! That did the trick and is exactly what I was looking for!

I now have an issue with loading this extension that completely works in Classic in Unity because the extension does not even appear in the list.

I posted a thread in the Unity portion of the forum with details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...343#post525343

Thread Information