DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 27 First ... 5678917 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I've looked this over and will be presenting a fix soon. Wanted to go over the NPC sheet reports first and combine this fix with that fix.
    OK! That sounds great! Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The "genericcontrol" object type does not support the getValue function; as the genericcontrol object does not support a database value nor is able to link to a database node.

The "catname" control may be a template which resolves to a stringcontrol/stringfield, which is why it works there.

Regards,
    JPG
    OK. Thanks for the clarification.

Problem with the missile damage bonus

Hi,

While double checking that all attack rolls works as intended I noticed that missiles ignore the missile damage bonus rule. I checked with an old version of the ruleset (from 2017) on FGC and on that version of the ruleset the missile damage bonus is correctly handled.

The easiest way to test this is to create a new campaign, with no extensions and then a new character. Set both STR and SIZ to 18 so that you get a +1d6 damage bonus. Next, create a new missile weapon and give it a damage of 1d8 and check the db checkbox. When rolling damage all d6 damage bonus dice rolls of 1 or 2 should yield a result of 1 in the chat, all rolls of 3 or 4 should yield 2 and all rolls of 5 or 6 should yield 3.

As noted this works with the 2017 version of the ruleset but not with the latest. I'm running my 2017 test on FGC and the current ruleset version on FGU.

/Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Hi,

While double checking that all attack rolls works as intended I noticed that missiles ignore the missile damage bonus rule. I checked with an old version of the ruleset (from 2017) on FGC and on that version of the ruleset the missile damage bonus is correctly handled.

The easiest way to test this is to create a new campaign, with no extensions and then a new character. Set both STR and SIZ to 18 so that you get a +1d6 damage bonus. Next, create a new missile weapon and give it a damage of 1d8 and check the db checkbox. When rolling damage all d6 damage bonus dice rolls of 1 or 2 should yield a result of 1 in the chat, all rolls of 3 or 4 should yield 2 and all rolls of 5 or 6 should yield 3.

As noted this works with the 2017 version of the ruleset but not with the latest. I'm running my 2017 test on FGC and the current ruleset version on FGU.

/Peter
    Thank you for the report. Can you also tell me where in the rulebook (if you have one available) this rule is stated? I'd like to see I cover all of it's bases.
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 5th, 2021 at 19:16.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thank you for the report. Can you also tell me where in the rulebook (if you have one available) this rule is stated? I'd like to see I cover all of it's bases.
    In the code the default rule is detailed in the function getDamageDice(ismelee) on line 137 and forward in record_char_main.xml.

In the rulebook damage bonus is mentioned on page 29 (31 in the pdf), 70 (72) and 233 (235).

/Peter

I think I understand what I read from the rulebook and here is the updated code. Does this look correct?

Capture.PNG
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (notes) in control (notes) in

[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (notes) in control (notes) in class (weapon_other)

I get this error when I open the tab "other" on a weapon record. There's an follow up error: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "weapon_other"]:39: attempt to index global 'notes' (a nil value). The weapon has been dragged from the equipment list in the BRP Game System X module. When I create a new weapon there's no error. I've checked the name of the field in the module and they are the same. The type of the field in the module is 'formattedtext' so I tried to change the type in record_weapon.xml to 'formattedtextfield' but it didn't help. Now I'm lost and I don't know what more to try.

A screenshot:
    weapon_record.png

/Peter

I think I understand what I read from the rulebook and here is the updated code. Does this look correct?

Capture.PNG
    Yes that looks right. Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

/Peter

[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (notes) in control (notes) in class (weapon_other)

I get this error when I open the tab "other" on a weapon record. There's an follow up error: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "weapon_other"]:39: attempt to index global 'notes' (a nil value). The weapon has been dragged from the equipment list in the BRP Game System X module. When I create a new weapon there's no error. I've checked the name of the field in the module and they are the same. The type of the field in the module is 'formattedtext' so I tried to change the type in record_weapon.xml to 'formattedtextfield' but it didn't help. Now I'm lost and I don't know what more to try.

A screenshot:
    weapon_record.png

/Peter
    Yeah, looks like I may have missed removing a link class to the proper windowclass. I have found the issue and will add it to the next weekly update.

Yes that looks right. Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

/Peter
    The issue was I placed all of the script code within the damage control and the new code did not verify whether it was a melee weapon or not.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Great! Thanks for the help!

/Peter

Thread Information