STAR TREK 2d20

Look to run, Weird Wars Rome campaign. Anyone here run it & how was your experience ?

Long time GM, been happily GMing since the mid 80's.

First timer with Savage Worlds here.

Am very interested to run a Weird Wars Rome campaign (with all the supplements added).

Just curious to know if any of you here ran WW Rome and what your experience was with it ?

Wishing you happy gaming ahead.

Cheers to all here.

Hi...

I ran The Half-Set Sun with some home-brew stuff for 18 game sessions. It was great! Players loved the sandbox flavor and we get some big moments from GM improvisation and players roleplaying...

And I ran "Sons of the Aquila", an original campaign set 10 year later with the same PC's... We played for 49 game sessions. It was a sandbox style campaign with adventure cards (including home-brew ones) and outpost management rules. Action was set in Britannia and they commanded 600 troops in Caledonian lands looking for an ancient relic. It was great!!!!

You can find the gameplay videos (in Spanish) here:

Sons of the Aquila
    The Half-Set Sun

I recommend this setting absolutely!!!
    Last edited by g0ntzal; July 8th, 2020 at 14:36.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post

I recommend this setting absolutely!!!
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with running Weird Wars Rome, it is very much appreciated.

I have a similar idea to have the players run a contingent of soldiers each. Taking temporary command of a some what dilapidated roman fort in an outlying province.

Sandbox style with fort management.

Their orders are to repair the fort, await relief forces (they will be quite a while), secure the local area, investigate the strange rumours of the locals.

Thank you, I am happily leaning towards getting all the Weird Wars Rome supplements (there so much goodies to mine for story hooks).

I am very much a sandbox style GM, my style is to put story hooks all over the place & go with the flow of the players.

It does mean a lot of preparation behind the scenes, what I love is to give freedom to my players to decide where they take their next step in the campaign.

You have indeed given me a big boost of excitement to see this Roman campaign come to fruition.

My heartfelt appreciation for sharing your experience with me.

Wishing you much happy gaming ahead.

Cheers to you.

My pleasure, gmforlife. I can see we share pretty the same GM style.

BTW, you can download my home-brew fort management rules from my blog. Such mechanics are in Spanish but Google translator can help (and me too).

Just in case you are interested in: Nébula Rol blog’s Downloads (just search for “Puestos militares” in order to download the fort management mechanics pdf).

Enjoy!!!
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    I can see we share pretty the same GM style. BTW, you can download my home-brew fort management rules from my blog. Enjoy!!!
    Awesome, thank you for sharing with me your pdf on fort management mechanics; it is appreciated.

It warms my heart to know there are other sandbox GM's out there that look to combine military, economics, politics, story telling etc. into their campaigns.

Wishing all your gaming group & you much happy gaming ahead.

Thank you again.

Cheers.

Thread Information