DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to quickly prep multiple maps

Hello!

I'm trying to prep multiple maps with different stages of fights.

So far it looks like the Combat Tracker can only handle 1 situation at a time. I can make unneeded NPCs invisible but they still cluster up the Combat Tracker. I may be missing something when it comes to using Encounters but I'm a bit of a dunce and still learning.

Can I have multiple Combat Trackers? Can I save a combat tracker for later?

Is there a quick and easy way to populate a map and then put it into a combat tracker when needed?

Is there a good Encounter tutorial that can help speed this process up? I see it has a "on the map" thingy.

Finally, can I highlight multiple tokens and delete them en masse and have it match the Combat Tracker?

The way i have found most modules have been set up for officiial items, is to place the pin for a specific rooms encounter on the map, this allows you to quickly populate the encounter when a PC enters the area.
    if no one enters the area then no need to have it in the combat tracker.
    as you describe the room you can press the show npc button on the combat tracker.

Generally if you are trying to do something like a multi-stage fight you use one map and just put in multiple encounters for the multi-stages. I'm not really sure what you mean by multi-stage.

If you mean different levels like in a tower put the whole tower on the map and put an encounter in for each level and trigger the area encounters as approprieate adding them to the combat tracker, ie battlements, gate, arrow slits, ect.

If you mean mult-stage like in time or rounds, ie 5 rounds after the start of the encounter or after X happens just make one map but put multiple encounters on it one for each trigger. After the triggering event happens add the encounter to the combat tracker.

Basically the combat tracker is where the current combatants are. You use encounters to add more combatants to it as necessary and take remove NPCs from the combat tracker as they are defeated.

Give more details of what you are trying to do if this doesn't help.
    Last edited by Griogre; July 5th, 2020 at 07:28.

So I got a huge dungeon with hundreds of monsters. I want to pre-place the creatures and also after certain events happen, a creature could appear. So I was wondering about how to go about prepping for large dungeons without bogging down the game.

Or after combat I want to remove NPCs from the combat but want to keep them on the board...

Good Day Myogaman
    Regardless how big the dungeon is or how many NPC's there are in it, you still only need the ones the PC's are interacting with on the CT. the rest should all be, as has been mentioned, encounter pins on the map. If you really feel the need to have the NPC's on the CT, give the ones not in contact with the PC's an initiative of 0, hide them and select "Skip hidden actors" from options.

Hey everyone, thank you for the tips'n'tricks. I think it was just a learning curve and understanding how FGU works.

Blog Entries
    There is plenty to learn. The FG approach is different to the approach other VTTs have taken so it can take a little bit to adjust/learn sometimes.

Thread Information