DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 22 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Morale Tracker is very useful to teach the Players that there are other outcomes than battle to the death.

I will see which individual options I have turned on or off for our next session.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    Sorry, hadn't checked the forums in a few days. I'll take a look at this and see if I can get it fixed in the next couple days. It looks like an easy fix. (Probably not tonight though... gotta take the kids Trick or Treating!)
    I looked at this for a good bit and spread out across a couple days. Not sure what's causing it. I couldn't make the extension not do it except by not calling the function and I couldn't make 2E do it. I seemingly couldn't even make 2E call the function that this seems to be based upon. I also saw nothing that's seemingly related having changed in 2E within the last several months. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by scoot138 View Post
    @Doomsword

In my campaigns, I use mainly the following:

Adjust NPC AC for items and abilities
    Weapon vs Armor to-hit modifiers
    Stricter resistance rules

Like to use:
    Morale Tracker

All the Radial Wheels are very helpful

TBH, there are things in both extensions that I like to use, it would be awesome to have just one ring to rule them all...
    Thanks, and thanks to Anstett for responding.

I agree 100% on the usefulness of these options for everyone. The radials, alone, are genius. It was this extension, in fact, that got me started on modding FG because the radials were so cool and Sterno's code was so easy to follow. I have another extension lying around that adds OSRIC/1E-specific radials but I haven't decided what to do with it yet. As long as Sterno's cool with me stealing his idea and icon source and stuff, it'll probably end up in the House Rules extension, in which case it would only make sense to include 2E radials for people running 2E.

Morale Tracker and Adjust NPC AC and Weapon vs Armor Type are also hugely useful and spiritually-aligned with OSRIC and the extension, so I'd implement those for sure, as well.

Of course, Sterno would be co-credited anywhere his stuff/IP was used.

Of course, the other option is to code the house rules extension so that it works with this extension (and then try to help maintain this one), but that seems like a steeper hill to climb and not one that might best benefit everyone.

Steal whatever you want. Don't worry about credit.

And I agree, trying to make the two extensions compatible would be a nightmare.
    Last edited by Sterno; November 4th, 2022 at 12:34.

I am unable to reproduce the issue with adding encounters to the Combat Tracker. I can add some safety net code to make sure the error doesn't appear, though.

I, however, am seeing this whenever I add an encounter to the combat tracker. Is anyone else getting it?

[11/4/2022 7:51:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "2E:scripts/manager_combat_record_adnd.lua"]:353: attempt to call global 'addSpellsFromList' (a nil value)
    [11/4/2022 7:51:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "2E:scripts/manager_combat_record_adnd.lua"]:353: attempt to call global 'addSpellsFromList' (a nil value)

Looking at the code, it looks like a 2E ruleset bug, but I haven't seen anyone else report it so I might be misreading it.
    Last edited by Sterno; November 4th, 2022 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    I am unable to reproduce the issue with adding encounters to the Combat Tracker. I can add some safety net code to make sure the error doesn't appear, though.

I, however, am seeing this whenever I add an encounter to the combat tracker. Is anyone else getting it?

Looking at the code, it looks like a 2E ruleset bug, but I haven't seen anyone else report it so I might be misreading it.
    To clarify, in case you didn't catch it, that reported error only occurs in the player CT which makes it a pain to troubleshoot. The "safety net" option is definitely the easiest way to deal with it.

The error is really odd in that only the client/players get the error, server/DM side never sees it. I tested with a blank campaign with only the 2e player option extension and the modules monstrous manual, DMG and PHB and it drops 4 errors per entity added to combat tracker, this includes adding the players to the tracker. This was also with default settings in options across the board. Weird that only the clients see this error.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    To clarify, in case you didn't catch it, that reported error only occurs in the player CT which makes it a pain to troubleshoot. The "safety net" option is definitely the easiest way to deal with it.
    Ah, I missed that. Thanks!

For now, put in some safety checks, though I wasn't able to test that they actually solve the issue. Pushed v1.23
    Last edited by Sterno; November 4th, 2022 at 17:37.

Got the update and it no longer is showing the errors on the client side.
    This will definitely make my players happy

Thanks again for the great work!

Scoot

Before I buy another FG ruleset.... I have to know, how close to Hackmaster 4e can I get with this extension? I have been wanting to run a HM4e game for quite a while but haven't found any good vtt options for it. I would like a 100% rules accurate environment but I am willing to settle for something closer like 90%.

Thread Information