STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 21 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Thank you, I suspect its an error with the character sheet so I'll try to rebuild the character to see if it works!

v1.14

• Changed calls to deprecated code.
    • Fixed some UI overlap in encounter records since the ruleset added in an "Items" section that I'd had there as well. Mine has been removed and I now use the base ruleset UI for that.

Possible bug: During my game last night, the armor damage option was no longer working. Armor simply wasn't soaking any damage from hits (but shields still were).

I haven't had any recent changes in that area of code so I'll need some time to investigate why it suddenly stopped working. Will probably have it fixed in the next few days.

Followup to previous post: Looks like it was only broken for me in my weekly campaign. Couldn't reproduce it in test campaigns. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't working in my main campaign. Removed everyone from the CT and the party sheet, and readded them to both, and it works again. So I'm going to stop looking for the cause.

If anyone else happens to run into this bug, I guess try that as a solution.

v1.15

• NEW: Made "construct" type monsters immune to threshold of pain and fatigue (if using those rules)
    • NEW: Added an alternate implementation for the DMGX effect (toggle between this and the base 2E ruleset implementation via the options) that works on the total value rolled on the dice instead of individually per die. This mostly affects how a value of <1 on DMGX works. For instance, under the base 2E ruleset implementation, if you rolled all 4s on 10d4 and had a DMGX modifier of .3 (meaning, 30% damage), you'd expect it to do 30% of 40, which is 12 damage. However, it would do 30% of each 4 rolled and round it down to 1, and you'd end up with 10 damage instead. This effect is more pronounced depending on how far it's rounded... for instance, if all 3s were rolled on 10d4 you'd expect 30% of 30 damage, or 9 damage, but you'd actually get 0 damage because it would round 30% of 3 on each die (which is 0.9) down to 0. Also changed minimum damage after the modifier to be 1.
    • FIX: Added a fix where armor damage wasn't working for any damage rolls that were a single die. This was caused by a change in the underlying CoreRPG code that changed the representation of a single die from something like "1d8" to "d8", causing code I had trying to parse out the number of dice rolled to fail, since there was no number in front of the "d" anymore.
    • NEW: Made the "delay" messages for NPCs visible only to the GM.
    • FIX: At some point in the past, in the base 2E ruleset code, CharManager.updateEnumbrance was moved to CharEncumbranceManager.updateEncumbrance, and I didn't notice, which meant my code to override it's behavior wasn't executing anymore. Fixed this so my override is called again, and now fatigue factor should update properly when encumbrance changes.
    • NEW: Added a "Magic armor encumbrance reduction?" option which can be set to "off", "half", or "full". Off continues to be behave how the base 2E ruleset code always has... magical armor receives no encumbrance reduction. Setting it to half uses the Hackmaster rule for magical armor, where magical armor (when worn, not carried) only counts half it's weight towards encumbrance. The "Full" option uses the rules from the 2E PHB which says magical armor (when worn, not when carried) should not count towards encumbrance at all.
    Last edited by Sterno; April 6th, 2022 at 14:20.

v1.16

Today the 2E ruleset released a change that treats magic armor as no weight towards encumbrance load (though it still shows up in total weight). This conflicts with my implementation of a very similar change last week, so I've updated my code to play nicely with it.

The "Magic armor encumbrance reduction?" option is now renamed to "Override Magic armor Encumbrance?" and the meaning of "Off", "Half", and "Full" has changed since last week.

Now "Off" means "Use the base 2E ruleset code, which will treat magic armor as zero encumbrance.". "Half" means treat it as half encumbrance. "Full" means treat it as full encumbrance (i.e., magic armor is exactly the same as non-magic armor when it comes to encumbrance).

Also, whereas with my implementation last week you'd see the lesser encumbrance reflected in the weight carried number, now I'll instead follow the ruleset's lead and show it only in the "Load" section (where it will say something like "Normal", "Moderate, "Severe", etc), but the weight carried won't change.

v1.17
    • Hid the half-finished "morale tracker" button by default. There's now a "Enable Morale Tracker" button in the options if you want to see it again. I'll get around to finishing it eventually. Probably.
    • Fixed a bug (maybe introduced in 1.15? I don't know) where armor was soaking 1 too many points of damage if there were 2 or more damage dice.

Loaded extension from forge. 2e ruleset, no other mods. Have not selected any change in the settings menu. When I click on combat modifiers, I get error messages in the log window. Below is a sample, I did not paste them all.
    Thoughts?

[4/30/2022 2:00:08 PM] EXTENSION: (LINK) Player's Option rules, Hackmaster house rules, and automation enhancements for 2E -- by Sterno (v1.18). Some radial menu icons taken from game-icons.net and used under CC by 3.0 license
    [4/30/2022 2:00:08 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 9.471935
    [4/30/2022 2:00:10 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (label_calledshot) anchoring to an undefined control (buttonanchor) in windowclass (modifiers)
    [4/30/2022 2:00:10 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (label_calledshot) anchoring to an undefined control (buttonanchor) in windowclass (modifiers)

Thanks for the report. It looks like at some point the underlying UI of the modifiers window changed in the 2E or CoreRPG rulesets changed, so the code I wrote to add some extra modifiers in there for called shots is causing problems now.

It's annoying since it pops the log up, but theoretically shouldn't cause you any actual issues. I'll look at getting it fixed soon!

v.1.18
    • Fixed the problem geewaagh reported with the Modifiers window throwing errors when opened.
    • Fixed an issue with the armor damage option throwing errors in some cases, caused by some Core RPG changes to how dice are represented.
    • If using Hackmaster initiative, there was a problem where Reaction Adjustment from dexterity could lower spell init to lower than it's casting time if the spell had material components (because it was making init 1d4 - reaction adjustment + casting time). It's hard to do this the right way given how and when dice are rolled to only let the reaction adjustment lower the "1d4" part of that and not the casting time part of that, so I changed it so that instead of rolling 1d4, you roll 1d[4 - reaction adjustment], where if it goes down to 1d0 or lower, you just don't roll. So for instance, a reaction adjustment of 2 would mean you roll 1d2+ casting time. A reaction adjustment of -3 would mean you roll 1d7 + casting time. This might see future iterations of improvement. In particular, I might just randomize it behind the scenes and not show the dice roll, which would allow me to make it work correctly.
    Last edited by Sterno; June 1st, 2022 at 14:16.

Thread Information