STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 21 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Version .992

• Small change to the fatigue system where being attacked in melee will cause fatigue to increment the same way attacking in melee will.
    • Added an option to mechanically treat some conditions (Restrained/Stunned/Unconscious/Prone/Paralyzed) differently.
    • Added "Act" and "Done" buttons to the top of the combat section on the player character sheet.
    • Added a radial menu to the Init button at the top of the player sheet combat section that allows for automatically setting initiative to the start of the round or the end of the round.
    • Added a radial menu to "Delay" to delay for a certain number of segments.
    • Added a radial menu to the player attack button on a weapon to quickly allow for some modifiers on the attack as it is rolled (rear attack, cover, charge, etc)
    • Added a radial menu to the GM Combat Tracker actions (the lines of weapon info) that allow for the same modifiers mentioned for players above.
    • Added a radial menu to the GM Combat Tracker actors to allow for setting initiative as mentioned above for players or for add/removing common effects such as Blinded, Invisible, Stunned, Prone, etc.
    • Added an option to allow players to roll "cheater dice" that auto roll a 1 or 20. If enabled, adds is to the radial menu for their attacks. This option is always present in the GM's radial menu on the CT. For players, it will make it clear in the chat window that the roll was manual, so they can't just do it in without you knowing.

Alternate Conditional Effects

In the base ruleset, a defender being Prone, Unconscious, Restrained, Stunned, or Paralyzed loses their dexterity bonus to AC and their shield bonus. Restrained/Stunned grant a +4 to-hit (but don't stack with each other), Prone/Unconscious grant a +4 to-hit vs melee (but don't stack with each other, but do stack with restrained/stunned), and Paralyzed grants no bonus. This doesn't make sense to me... paralyzed seems equivalent (or worse) to restrained/stunned, and I don't see how being restrained and unconscious makes you easier to hit than simply being unconscious. If you enable this option, the following changes occur.
    • Prone, Unconscious, Restrained, Stunned, and Paralyzed won't stack. Whichever is the most detrimental is what will apply.
    • Paralyzed grants the same +4 to-hit that Restrained and Stunned gain.
    • Prone still allows for shield use.

Here's a table comparing the base ruleset modifiers to this options' modifiers. Base ruleset is on the left, extension option is on the right. Remember that the base ruleset allows some of these modifiers to stack and the extension option doesn't.

Dex Bonus? Shield Bonus? To-hit Bonus <- Base Ruleset | Extension Option -> Dex Bonus? Shield Bonus? To-hit Bonus
    Paralyzed no no +0 no no +4
    Restrained no no +4 no no +4
    Stunned no no +4 no no +4
    Prone no no +4 melee
    + 0 ranged
    no yes +4 melee
    +0 ranged
    Unconscious no no +4 melee
    +0 ranged
    no no +4 melee
    +0 ranged

New Combat Section Buttons (Act and Done)

The "Act" button is used for a player to change their initiative to one later than whatever the current initiative is. In my games I found characters are sometimes delaying waiting for some particular thing to happen, and now they can hit this button when it does and get popped up to the next segment in the turn order.

The "Done" button is simply a way for the player to end their turn from their character sheet instead of the CT.

New Radial Menus

New radial menus were added, described below. They are all triggered by right-clicking on the appropriate controls (attack buttons, init buttons, etc). See the animated gifs below.

Player Init Radial Menus

Player Attack Radial Menu

An example of a Charge attack in action.

GM Combat Tracker Action Radial Menu

GM Combat Tracker Actor Radial Menu

Note: Unlike a lot of other things I've added to this extension, there's no option in the settings to turn the radial menus on (other than the cheater dice for players), since they basically are just Quality of Life improvements on base ruleset functionality. However, some of the initiative options will be hidden if you're using Player's Option Initiative (since segment delay makes no sense in that system), or will behave differently if you have the still-in-progress 10-Segment Hackmaster Initiative option enabled (for example, doing a full delay will put you after everyone else in the init order using the base ruleset initiative, but will just add +10 segments in the HM initiative system)
    Last edited by Sterno; March 26th, 2021 at 18:13.

Who can stop him? The 5E fanboys will have to cough up even more $ to try to catch with the mighty 2E ruleset + Player's option mod...

Quote Originally Posted by readymeal View Post
    Who can stop him? The 5E fanboys will have to cough up even more $ to try to catch with the mighty 2E ruleset + Player's option mod...
    Yes... 2E and Player's option make FG the only option of VTT for me

Known Bug: Charge doesn't work right now when player's use it (but it does work for GM). Has to do with me forgetting that only the host can directly add/remove effects to combat tracker entries.

Probably won't have it fixed until the next big update, which is the addition of the Hackmaster 10-segment initiative system and the ability to roll/queue multiple initiatives (which is now coded, but I need more testing before I release it and there was very little combat in my game last week).

I've been noticing in my last two games that when Fatigue is enabled, once in a while a player won't be able to attack because of an exception that is being thrown and logged in the console. Looks like a permission issue with changing a DB node.

I'm not sure why I'm suddenly seeing this when I haven't changed that code in months, and I think I've now get a fix for it, but I was lazy and didn't branch my code and also have a ton of initiative code changes that I'm not quite ready to push to everyone yet (they work great using the HM initiative system, but I haven't tested them in standard 2E yet), so it might be a week or so before I push the fix.

I'd be kind of be surprised if anyone but me was using the Fatigue option anyway. But if you are, be warned that if players start seeing a console error in scripts/manager_state_po.lua which says something like "setValue: Unable to create node", you'll probably need to disable Fatigue as a workaround until my next update.

After today's 2E update, I encountered these errors with this extension loaded

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_po.lua"]:703: attempt to call field 'buildCombatantNodesCache' (a nil value)
    Script execution error: [string "cta/scripts/cta_combatants_host.lua"]:372: attempt to call field 'buildCombatantNodesCache' (a nil value)
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Thanks for the bug report, Baron28. This should fix it.

Version 1.01

Full writeup to come later, but wanted to push this out to fix the bug that was just reported after the recent 2E ruleset update.

• Fixed problem caused by reference to code that no longer exists after recent 2E ruleset update.
    • The "Charge" attack option via radial menu wasn't working. It still doesn't work how I want it to, but now it basically adds the modifiers needed for a charge when you click it (both your attack bonuses as well as the effect that gives you defensive penalties), but then you still need to click to roll an attack after you select it (as opposed to all those other radial menu options that set the modifiers and roll the attack too). It's because player's clients can't directly add effects, only the host, but if I try to have the host do it, I run into timing issues with when the attack is rolled. I'll get it working eventually but it hasn't been a priority.
    • Implemented the Hackmaster 10-segment Initiative option. Full writeup on what this means to come later.
    • Implemented the ability to queue up multiple attacks. There are a few ways to do it and I'll post a more detailed write up soon, but the most common might be for a player to right-click on the init action on their weapon to and select "Roll Additional Attack" after having already rolled one initiative. Another initiative will be rolled and queued, and after they end their turn for their first attack, they'll be repositioned in the CT order for when their next turn should come up.
    • Added a bunch of radial menu options to CT actors dealing with initiative.
    • Added a "Set NPC Initiative to 99" option that sets unrolled NPC initiatives to 99, the same way I have an option for PCs.
    • Added radial menu options to the CT actors to allow you to quickly add effects for some common vision types and light sources to them.
    • Added effect support to SAVE so you can save against a specific school of magic. For instance, an illusionist could have "SAVE: 1 illusion" now to get a +1 bonus to save versus illusions.
    • Added effect support to "ARCANE" and "DIVINE" so you can boost a caster's effective caster level for specific schools of magic. For instance, in the 2E ruleset you can have an "ARCANE: 1" effect to boost someone's effective Arcane caster level by 1, but now you can do "ARCANE: 1 illusion" to boost their caster level only with respect to spells from the illusion school.
    • Added a "SPELLPEN" effect that gives your targets a saving throw penalty against your spells. Can specify a school of magic to narrow down what they should get a save penalty for. For instance, "SPELLPEN: 1" on a character would give all that character's target's a -1 saving throw against their spells, while "SPELLPEN: 1 illusion" would give that character's target's a -1 penalty saving throw modifier against only their illusion spells.
    • Added a "SPELLRAZOR" effect (no parameters, just the word "SPELLRAZOR") that gives a character a +1 bonus to every damage die rolled for their spell damage. This was so I could implement the Hackmaster talent "Spell Razor".

This post will be edited in the next day or two with a more detailed description of these items.
    Last edited by Sterno; May 13th, 2021 at 23:54.

Thread Information