FG Spreadshirt Swag

Adding Spell Save DC/ bonus to ATK to custom NPCs/creatures

Hi,

I am currently running a Curse of Strahd campaign and I am using a statblock for some custom characters that is not found in any of the sourcebook or the CoS module. I have filled out the brand new stat block however when I add the particular enemy to the combat tracker and attempt to cast spells from there as DM the appropriate spell modifier or spell save DC is not there and are always presented as +0 or 0. I have tried looking for a way to adjust manually however I cant find anything. Does anyone know of a way this can be edited.

Thank you in advance for any replies

I'd advise looking up an NPC with the "spellcasting" trait, and compare the trait you gave them with that one.

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the reply, I done this and there seems to be absolutely no difference in the Monster Manual spellcaster trait and my homebrew version. I am able to edit while on the combat tracker however as soon as I remove my homebrew enemy any adjustments that are not on the stat block are removed. I am able to set spell save DC by typing into the spells on the statblock (which I dragged from the spell tab) DC 13 before it states what type of saving throw. For example Ray of sickness states normally that '....2d8 poison damage and must make a constitution saving throw. On a fail the target is poisioned' while the adjusted version states '.....2d8 poison damage and must make a DC 13 constitution saving throw. On a fail the target is poisoned' This seems to circumvent the problem however the same technique does not work for 'make a ranged spell attack', and also in the MM stat blocks this adjustment is not required.

Overall its not a big deal its just strange that the system can indeed do what I am looking for it to do but I just cant seem to work it correctly

Thank you very much that was extremely useful!

add a trait to the NPC called "Spellcasting", with a value of "spell save DC 11" (or whatever DC you want)

Thread Information