5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Since 6/30 download none of my players can use cloud connection

Basically, since the 6/30 update of FGU none of my players can connect without me opening up the LAN (port/IP) option. The Cloud just locks forever hunting for some IP address I don't recognize. I tried to locally host and connect to cloud with client and it failed in the same way the players are seeing. This makes you have to do some firewall work which is never fun.

Also, as noted in other messages here the modifier buttons all stopped displaying their toggled colors so you never know they are hit. At a guess this was the "leak" fixes as I've seen things mistakenly fixed in other applications where someone does not realize its not a "leak" its just something that is held in memory for the life of the application.

Hopefully these can be fixed today as I have a campaign tomorrow I'd rather not have messed up with all this.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

You could try to revert it to an earlier version, by pressing settings --> advanced --> Prev (I think).
    To see if these connection problems are still persisting, everyone should revert to the same version for it to work.

The address you don’t recognize; is it the ipv6 address? Like 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334

I’ve noticed FG supports and will use ipv6. But the support for ipv6 is a bit spotty on older consumer routers. Sometimes your router will “lose” its ipv6 connectivity and needs a reboot. Or sometimes you might need to tweak some stuff in the router settings.

Try resetting your router. And if unity is using ipv6, check that it’s configured correctly for you with https://test-ipv6.com/

Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    The address you don’t recognize; is it the ipv6 address? Like 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334

I’ve noticed FG supports and will use ipv6. But the support for ipv6 is a bit spotty on older consumer routers. Sometimes your router will “lose” its ipv6 connectivity and needs a reboot. Or sometimes you might need to tweak some stuff in the router settings.

Try resetting your router. And if unity is using ipv6, check that it’s configured correctly for you with https://test-ipv6.com/
    Its [161.35.108.253:52473] and just sits there forever when joining the cloud. LAN works fine when I give them my IP and we do the LAN connections (once you fix your firewall for the port).

[Rebooting router just gave me [161.35.108.253:63339] now to wait forever on. Which again is not my IP/Port for using LAN so not sure what it is.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 2nd, 2020 at 15:59.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    You could try to revert it to an earlier version, by pressing settings --> advanced --> Prev (I think).
    To see if these connection problems are still persisting, everyone should revert to the same version for it to work.
    Will those go out to their servers and get that? Because this is for a special event and most of these people only have the 6/30 versions we setup early to give them a demo before the real campaign. And will not be able to "revert" to something that may have been saved off locally from a previous version.

Going to Prev seems a last ditch effort with a bunch of newbies I'd rather not go through if I don't have to. I'm curious if LIVE is messed up bad why they would not revert Live as just a bad build?

Going into advanced settings and choosing PREV version then updating - fixed both the lockup on cloud connections and the modifier buttons not working.

If there is no update by tomorrow afternoon I'll have to have all my newbies reload to this version. Though I may stick with the LAN connection to avoid any cloud server delays.

@SilentRuin,

If you are around, I can try connecting to your campaign to see what I find using the newest build I just pushed.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @SilentRuin,

If you are around, I can try connecting to your campaign to see what I find using the newest build I just pushed.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sure - but just tried it with the latest update and while the toggle issue is fixed (that was the important one as I can use LAN ) the connection to cloud is still infinite waiting on that IP/port connection.

The Server is up -

GM:
    SilentRuin

Campaign:
    Moon Wizard Test

Just tried locally and locked on IP/port.

Let me know when you are done so I can start that other duplication test you wanted with tokens, if I can. That one was downright weird - like the disappearing text that you have to scroll or re-bring up in a window to get it to fix itself. Not the most duplicate-able thing, usually the hardest to find fix also.

I was able to connect both my Windows and Mac machines to SilentRuin's cloud game this time; so I asked him to retry when he gets a chance.

@SilentRuin, please grab logs (GM and player) if you do get to test Cloud again and get a stall.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information