STAR TREK 2d20

Pulp Cthulhu not loading in at all

I purchased Call of Cthulhu and Pulp Cthulhu and it while the former loads in with no issues, I can't get Pulp to load in at all. I purchased it on Steam and it says it's installed, but it won't let me run a Pulp game. I'm not really sure how to fix this issue.

Welcome to the FG forums!

For Pulp Cthulhu you need to load a Call of Cthulhu campaign, but select the Pulp Cthulhu extension when creating the campaign (before you start/load the campaign). Pulp Cthulhu is not a whole new ruleset, it runs on top of the standard ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the welcome, the only option I have in Extensions for Pulp Cthulhu is the Theme. Once I select the theme it loads Call of Cthulhu character sheets. If you could advise me on the course of action I'd be very appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by SmGTwist View Post
    Once I select the theme it loads Call of Cthulhu character sheets.
    You don't see any different character sheets. The data is practically identical. For the difference skills, go into the campaign settings (gear/cog icon in the top right of the desktop) and change the Game: Era setting to Pulp Cthulhu, and also set "Game: Use Pulp Cthulhu Rules" to Yes.

With the Pulp theme loaded and the above settings, you also get the pulp calculations - for example, put 50 in CON and 50 in SIZ and the pulp calculation is used for Hit Points (20), this would be 10 in non-pulp.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 1st, 2020 at 21:54.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    You also get the Pulp Cthulhu Reference Manual. It is the same game with some minor tweaks and a whole lot of background and reference material.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums!

For Pulp Cthulhu you need to load a Call of Cthulhu campaign, but select the Pulp Cthulhu extension when creating the campaign (before you start/load the campaign). Pulp Cthulhu is not a whole new ruleset, it runs on top of the standard ruleset.
    So I could run a COC scenario, eg the Haunting but run it with the Pulp extension? And choose to run it low, medium or high Pulp?

Quote Originally Posted by Oladahn View Post
    So I could run a COC scenario, eg the Haunting but run it with the Pulp extension? And choose to run it low, medium or high Pulp?
    There's not a specific setting for low/medium/high. But, yes, you can load up the pulp extension with any CoC module, and decide which of the available settings to use.

Thread Information