STAR TREK 2d20

Negative dice rolls on attack roll correctly but are incorrectly applied against AC.

When you roll an attack from the CT with an actor that has a negative dice roll applied to their attacks (such as a Bane spell effect).
    The dice rolls correctly, it rolls the d20-negative dice rolled+modifiers.
    However when determining if it was a hit or not, the shown dice roll is not used. Instead the math incorrectly becomes d20+negative dice rolled+modifiers.

I've attached an example image of this. (only extensions are a theme and one that changes the appearance of the dice).

Negative dice rolls on attack.jpg
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    When you roll an attack from the CT with an actor that has a negative dice roll applied to their attacks (such as a Bane spell effect).
    The dice rolls correctly, it rolls the d20-negative dice rolled+modifiers.
    However when determining if it was a hit or not, the shown dice roll is not used. Instead the math incorrectly becomes d20+negative dice rolled+modifiers.

I've attached an example image of this. (only extensions are a theme and one that changes the appearance of the dice).

Negative dice rolls on attack.jpg
    I think I remember this being discussed somewhere and that, in the end, the solution was to apply Bane as a (+1d4-5) modifier so that you still apply a -1 through -4 affect. It mathematically works out but is weird to look at.

Blog Entries
    Yes this was reported awhile ago. But I believe it was fixed a week or two ago.

BUT, when reporting issues with FGU, please make sure you do a few things first;
    1. Update FGU to the latest version
    2. Disable all extensions and retest/replicate in a brand new campaign
    3. Post the details of both your installation and steps to reproduce

For more details and a suggested format, see; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-and-Problems

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This was tested today with the latest version, 2020-06-30 version of FGU.
    Tested it again now with a clean campaign without any extensions or modifications to the same results.

To reproduce add the effect to the NPC as in the screenshot.
    Then attack any target in the CT.

===

The approach suggested by trcrossbar does work and I'll do that for my players. It is however not an intuitive way of doing it and is sure to trip people up each time, until they find out about the around way of doing it.
    Easiest way would be to turn any negative rolls into a modulus then subtract that from the roll if adding a negative number isn't readily available in the scripts without a hiccup.

Negative dice rolls are uncommon though, only time I've ever used it was for bane. But I think it's something that should be available for use.

I can only assume it's still on the TODO list. Not in any hurry myself, but if it's slipped by then SmiteWorks should be aware of it for later users.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Blog Entries
    5E ruleset?

But yes, I'm sure SW wants to know about this

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ah yes, it is indeed the D&D 5E ruleset.

Went on the assumption that the screenshot would make it apparent, but on second though, there may well be other rulesets that look similar. Such as pathfinder and starfinder come to mind.
    Even so shouldn't leave it up to the guys over at SmiteWorks to have to guess, so should have mentioned it. A simple oversight on my behalf.

Definitely 'unfixed' - I was seeing the same things and able to reproduce it as of 7/3 & 7/4.
    (5E ruleset)

I had to go back and rewrite the negative die handling completely to allow better backward compatibility support. The latest build released today should help.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information