Joshua Stream Pre
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #21
    Will I lose my FGC access using my license if I buy "Upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity (Ultimate license)" on Steam?
    eg.
    1. I have an user, it is linked on Steam, have bunch of books and else and I have a license key "A".
    2. I buy "Upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity (Ultimate license)" on Steam
    3. I lose the access on FGC using license key "A"

  2. #22
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    -7 UTC
    Posts
    12,345
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by lmontecosta View Post
    Will I lose my FGC access using my license if I buy "Upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity (Ultimate license)" on Steam?
    eg.
    1. I have an user, it is linked on Steam, have bunch of books and else and I have a license key "A".
    2. I buy "Upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity (Ultimate license)" on Steam
    3. I lose the access on FGC using license key "A"
    No, one-time licenses remain valid for FGC and you will also have an FGU license.

  3. #23
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,069
    Blog Entries
    21
    LordEntrails is correct. Licenses remain active unless it is a subscription that is cancelled. The DLC you purchased for FGC will automatically load for your account on FGU. In some cases, it will also be enhanced with new features - like dynamic line of sight on some of the maps that we've updated so far.

  4. #24

    Steam Seamless upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    LordEntrails is correct. Licenses remain active unless it is a subscription that is cancelled. The DLC you purchased for FGC will automatically load for your account on FGU. In some cases, it will also be enhanced with new features - like dynamic line of sight on some of the maps that we've updated so far.
    For the sake of others coming across this thread, I upgraded to FGU ultimate bundle on steam and it automatically removed the classic licences I already had and seamlessly upgraded, the cost was R400 in my local currency which was around $24 at the current exchange rate.

    All my other bundles for D&D and Vampire just worked and I must say I am impressed how after asking 40 questions about this how easy and flawless it was.

    I don't know why fantasygrounds.com doesn't have a tab that just explains everything clearer and gets to the point quicker

    PM me or reply here if you have any questions

  5. #25
    BTW the set adventres eg: Storm Kings Thunder, update with new clipping paths for the new Unity engine, I only had to export my Classic characters to XML files , then import them into FGU and then take my custom character portraits and copy them into the Unity folder

  6. #26
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,069
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by alistaircg View Post
    For the sake of others coming across this thread, I upgraded to FGU ultimate bundle on steam and it automatically removed the classic licences I already had and seamlessly upgraded, the cost was R400 in my local currency which was around $24 at the current exchange rate.

    All my other bundles for D&D and Vampire just worked and I must say I am impressed how after asking 40 questions about this how easy and flawless it was.

    I don't know why fantasygrounds.com doesn't have a tab that just explains everything clearer and gets to the point quicker

    PM me or reply here if you have any questions
    There shouldn't be anything removed from your account. You are saying that your FGC licenses are somehow removed? I'm not sure how that would happen.

    What do you feel like is missing from this bundle description?
    https://store.steampowered.com/bundl...imate_license/

  7. #27
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    -7 UTC
    Posts
    12,345
    Blog Entries
    9
    Step by step instructions for moving a campaign from FGC to FGU are here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ampaign-to-FGU

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    What do you feel like is missing from this bundle description?
    https://store.steampowered.com/bundl...imate_license/
    I have FGC Classic and Ultimate Upgrade. It looks like the linked Bundle on Steam is for the purchase of FGC + Ultimate FGC Upgrade as well as FGU and Ultimate Upgrade. It also looks like this bundle costs more than just purchasing FGU and Ultimate Upgrade... Am I expected to buy FGC and Ultimate Upgrade again?

    I feel like I'm missing something.

  9. #29
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,069
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Austen View Post
    I have FGC Classic and Ultimate Upgrade. It looks like the linked Bundle on Steam is for the purchase of FGC + Ultimate FGC Upgrade as well as FGU and Ultimate Upgrade. It also looks like this bundle costs more than just purchasing FGU and Ultimate Upgrade... Am I expected to buy FGC and Ultimate Upgrade again?

    I feel like I'm missing something.
    It is called a Complete the Set bundle with Steam. As long as you already own the FGC Standard and FGC Ultimate, you will only have to pay for the two items in the bundle you don't already own and it will save you 40% over buying FGU Standard + FGU Ultimate Upgrade separately.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    It is called a Complete the Set bundle with Steam. As long as you already own the FGC Standard and FGC Ultimate, you will only have to pay for the two items in the bundle you don't already own and it will save you 40% over buying FGU Standard + FGU Ultimate Upgrade separately.
    I see... the website didn't have me logged in for some reason... when I checked in Steam app (and also when actually logged in on website) it showed it with just the new items. So $89.98 should be US price?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
PF2E Playlist

Log in

Log in