DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Flurry of Blows

Flurry of Blows

I'm curious how other players/DM's have set up flurry of blows. I'm relatively new to FG and so far I have only played using the 5e ruleset. Since I like both 5e and PF 2 I decided to start working on it. I understand that PF2 is still pretty new for FG so a lot of it is still in the works.

I'm not sure there's anything that needs to be set up. It's a one-action flourish that gives you two strikes. What is there to set up?

The main thing with flurry of blows is that the damage is combined for purposes of resistances and weaknesses. I'm not aware of any ruleset that allows the automatic combination of damage across multiple attacks. However, the simple process outlined below allows this.

To do this, roll your first and second attacks as normal (using the relevant multi-attack penalties) and if both hit, remove targeting before you roll the first damage so that it just rolls into the chat window but doesn't apply. Then drag the result of the first damage roll to the modifier stack so that the damage is logged as a modifier for the next roll and re-add targeting. Then roll the second damage - the amount from the first roll will be added to the second roll - and as you now have targeting the damage will be applied to the target.

Note: you can quickly disable targeting by clicking the small targeting cross-hairs on the modifier stack beneath the chat window.

So, the steps are:
    1. Make attacks as normal - apply MAP (Multi Attack Penalties) as required.
    2. If both attacks hit, click the targeting cross-hairs on the modifier stack so that it's greyed out.
    3. Roll your first damage, this won't be applied as targeting is disabled at this point.
    4. Drag/drop the result of the damage roll to the modifier stack so that the total damage of the first roll is shown as a modifier and click the cross-hairs so that they aren't greyed out anymore.
    5. Roll the second damage.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 1st, 2020 at 06:29.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The main thing with flurry of blows is that the damage is combined for purposes of resistances and weaknesses.
    And now I feel stupid. I don't think our monk did that when they flurried.

Thanks for the response. While we’re on the subject of Monks, has anyone automated the mountain stance effects. It gives plus 4 to AC but caps dex bonus. I’m not really sure if automating that is possible but if it is I’d love to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Illyunkas View Post
    Thanks for the response. While we’re on the subject of Monks, has anyone automated the mountain stance effects. It gives plus 4 to AC but caps dex bonus. I’m not really sure if automating that is possible but if it is I’d love to do that.
    Either manually work it out and apply the correct effect.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...PFRPG2+Effects

Or, use this effect (applied from the PC actions tab): AC:4 status; AC: [-DEX] Then apply that to the PC once they're in the combat tracker. When first applied, the DEX will be substituted for the PC dex bonus at the time - so you may need to adjust that once the effect is in the CT if the DEX bonus changes for any reason.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

Can you tell me where in the CT the 'modifier stack' is?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Can you tell me where in the CT the 'modifier stack' is?
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...our+Dice+Rolls

Yes, thank you. I did not know you can drag dice values there which is very cool!

Thread Information