DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question on SWD Rules: Encumbrance Limit

Hey folks, I am not an expert on SW(D or ADE) - I threw together code to calculate encumbrance limit in SWD (plays nicely with SWADE of course) based on:

Str-Dice * 5 = Normal Enc limit
    Str-Dice * 8 = Enc limit if the character has Brawny Trait.

Anything else to consider in SWD ruleset?

Will not work for SWADE as it has an encumbrance table. D4 STR = 20lbs. With 20lbs added for each die type and a small bonus for extra str above D12.
    The existing code supports this change.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Right, this was specifically for Savage Worlds Deluxe (SWD) - at the time of my writing the reverse was true. The SWADE rules were being automatically applied to those using SWD rules. Ikael has that handled going forward. I found out after my post.

I was told that other SWD systems used other weight rules instead of the x5 vs x8 and it was complex to do in the Ruleset without addressing many other systems.

The compromise of removing all weight calculation in SWD and instead offering n extension to implement the x5, x8 rules seemed a decent compromise that didn’t Unintentionally affect Settings where that didn’t apply. But even in those settings, they were wrong prior to this fix since they’d get SWADE rules in past.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    Will not work for SWADE as it has an encumbrance table. D4 STR = 20lbs. With 20lbs added for each die type and a small bonus for extra str above D12.
    The existing code supports this change.
    TLDR for my prior post: “existing code” did not support SWD.

While on the topic of encumbrance, do any of you know if there is a manual way to update the encumbrance tables for SWADE to allow for increased/decreased encumbrance levels for any given campaign. The current limits are somewhat restrictive and not really applicable across settings. It would be nice to be able to use the rule but manually update the levels based on any given campaign setting a gm is running within fantasy grounds.

People seem to like the idea of implementing encumbrance rules as the idea in itself makes sense especially for reality based interaction. However, as many people point out, they are extremely restrictive and limiting without being able to modify them.

From the Discord channel (from Ikael):
    I have improved Load Limit calculation function in upcoming v5.2.6 which allows you to input Rifts load limits logic(edited)
    You can change the limits to be something like this:
    Code:
    function getEncumbranceLevels()
        return {
     { sStrength = "d4", nLoadLimit = 20 },
     { sStrength = "d6", nLoadLimit = 40 },
     { sStrength = "d8", nLoadLimit = 60 },
     { sStrength = "d10", nLoadLimit = 80 },
     { sStrength = "d12", nLoadLimit = 100 },
     { sStrength = "d12+1", nLoadLimit = 150 },
     { sStrength = "d12+2", nLoadLimit = 200 },
     { sStrength = "d12+3", nLoadLimit = 300 },
     { sStrength = "d12+4", nLoadLimit = 500 },
     { sStrength = "d12+5", nLoadLimit = 1000, nExtraLoadLimitPerBonus = 1000 },
        }
    end
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Where is this code? How do we change these values?

You can put this code in an extension (like I did with Savage Rifts) in order to change the Encumbrance limit based on Strength.

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Thread Information