DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last

Thread: Shops

Updated to v1.8. Fix a graphical issue in Unity
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Hi, just purchased a couple of days ago, and used it during a session today. While using it, we ran into a problem. I had a magic shop that sold scrolls. Some of these scrolls require two different types of currency. For example, a Read Magic scroll is 12.5 gp or 12 gp and 5 sp. When a scroll like this was in the shop list, NO items would add their price when added to the cart. I looked at this for some time afterward and tried putting the price in as "12 gp 5 sp" an d"12 gp, 5 sp" but nothing fixed the problem. The only way to get everything to work was to remove all items that required two forms of currency or to individually edit each item and round it up to the next higher form so that it only required one type of currency.

Yes, that is expected behavior. The shops extension does not handle items with multiple currencies or with decimal points. It only handles whole number prices of a single currency per item. If you needed something worth “12 gp 5 sp” you could instead put it in as “125 sp” or whatever is appropriate for your campaigns conversion rate.
    Last edited by mattekure; August 9th, 2020 at 22:06.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

please, could someone help me? I bought the extension, installed everything cute, but the store icon does not appear in the FG sidebar. does anyone know what's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by mlimaw View Post
    please, could someone help me? I bought the extension, installed everything cute, but the store icon does not appear in the FG sidebar. does anyone know what's wrong?
    Are you using Unity or Classic?
    Did you enable the extension for the campaign on the load screen?
    Did you turn on the shops banner from the library window?

I'm wanting to buy this extension on DMSGuild but I'm a bit confused as to the bundle. It contains Shops, Coin Converter, and the FG Mod that contains both Shops and Coin Converter. I understand the mod contains a shop consisting of the PHB items, but I'm a bit confused as the FG mod seems to contain both Shops and the Coin Converter, so why would I also buy both extensions? Do the individual extensions (Shops and Coin Converter) contain something the FG mod doesn't? What am I missing? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dustem View Post
    I'm wanting to buy this extension on DMSGuild but I'm a bit confused as to the bundle. It contains Shops, Coin Converter, and the FG Mod that contains both Shops and Coin Converter. I understand the mod contains a shop consisting of the PHB items, but I'm a bit confused as the FG mod seems to contain both Shops and the Coin Converter, so why would I also buy both extensions? Do the individual extensions (Shops and Coin Converter) contain something the FG mod doesn't? What am I missing? Thanks!
    sorry, I can see how thats confusing. There are 3 products in the bundle.

Fantasy Grounds Coin Conversion & PHB store. This was my first attempt to build a shop-like functionality for FG by using treasure parcels. Each item is added to a parcel and the cost is represented as a negative coin value. the DM can drag the parcels over to a players inventory to "purchase" the item. The parcel will give them the item and deduct whatever coin is listed. At the time of publishing, this was one of the only methods for doing this type of thing. This product is no longer recommended. It is included in the bundle so that people who purchased it can get a bundle discount on the other 2 products.

Fantasy Grounds Coin Converter. This is an extension that adds a coin converter button to the 5e character sheet. It lets players easily convert between coin types.

Fantasy Grounds Shops. This is the new and recommended version of a shop. This extension adds a new record type, a "shop" which can contain items in its inventory. Players can interact with the shop, select items to put into a cart, then purchase all the items in the cart. Coinage is automatically deduced from the players character sheet.
    Last edited by mattekure; August 10th, 2020 at 01:55.

Thanks for the explanation! Sounds like what I want is the Coin Converter and Shops. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mlimaw View Post
    1.png
    2.png

Just in case pictures help, as they do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Birstall8 View Post
    1.png
    2.png

Just in case pictures help, as they do for me.
    Can you try creating a brand new campaign with only the shops extension enabled. See if it shows up then. The only reason I can think of it not showing up is if another extension is somehow conflicting.

Thread Information