the credit standard is a requirement of joining
    the pact worlds, and even worlds far outside
    the pact’s official jurisdiction often prefer to
    use them, since they are so universally carried
    and understood
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

While it's true that credits and UPB's are effectively interchangeable, it would be nice to have the option to differentiate between them, as there are differences in where and how you can use each one. Mainly in the interest of PC's keeping their records straight. While it's mildly inconvenient, I have been just manually editing the prices of items to specify the currency type. It works fine like that for now, but I also haven't had the need to create any LARGE shops yet, so I can see it becoming an issue for huge inventories.

I'd also be on board with the idea of making shops "credits only" and working out any other issues in-game.

Yeah, its just different behavior than any other ruleset I've looked at.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitus View Post
    While it's true that credits and UPB's are effectively interchangeable, it would be nice to have the option to differentiate between them, as there are differences in where and how you can use each one. Mainly in the interest of PC's keeping their records straight. While it's mildly inconvenient, I have been just manually editing the prices of items to specify the currency type. It works fine like that for now, but I also haven't had the need to create any LARGE shops yet, so I can see it becoming an issue for huge inventories.
    Yeah. if there are differences in how the currencies are tracked and used, then it would require manually editing the prices to indicate which currency it uses.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Yeah, its just different behavior than any other ruleset I've looked at.
    Welcome to our hell...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Someone write an extension that does someone along these lines , maybe...

SFCurrencies.jpg

You arrange your Total credits into "The Split Column" (how you want your credits broken up)
    You do all transactions from the Split column.
    So your always working in credits. (In the game your handing over Poopers)

The Exchange rate Column is added to the Currencies in Setup or leave that, and players can just be shared a Sheet with the rates and they have to do the work themselves. (lazy bastards!)

EDIT: JUST noticed I messed up one of the exchange rate amounts But you get the Idea (maybe this is why you dont let players work it out for themselves...)
    Last edited by Willot; July 10th, 2020 at 00:57.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I am pushing v1.4 update shortly. This update fixes some underlying code and adds the ability for GM's to shop. When the GM clicks on the Buy button, it will now create a parcel with all of the items in the cart and the price in the coins list. This parcel can be dragged to players or the party sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I am pushing v1.4 update shortly. This update fixes some underlying code and adds the ability for GM's to shop. When the GM clicks on the Buy button, it will now create a parcel with all of the items in the cart and the price in the coins list. This parcel can be dragged to players or the party sheet.
    That sounds FANTASTIC!

Thanks for this mod. I bought it before I ever found this thread. Keep up the great work!

v1.5 uploaded. Added an ID All button to the top of shops visible to GM only. Clicking it will mark all items in the shop as identified.

Thread Information