STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last

Thread: Shops

Just to let you know that I used the shop in my latest campaign and it worked great and it was a huge hit!!! Shared with all the party members and they loved it!! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    Just to let you know that I used the shop in my latest campaign and it worked great and it was a huge hit!!! Shared with all the party members and they loved it!! Thanks!!
    Thanks!
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Idea for you. When purchasing non-inventory items (such as drinks, lodging, etc,), make those things decrement that cost, announce it in the chat (or whatever log) and then don't put them in the inventory. Item should be inventory by default, but allowed to be configured as non-inventory by the GM.

What do you think? Ran into this when my GM added those items to the shop and they ended up in my inventory just to delete out again manually.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Idea for you. When purchasing non-inventory items (such as drinks, lodging, etc,), make those things decrement that cost, announce it in the chat (or whatever log) and then don't put them in the inventory. Item should be inventory by default, but allowed to be configured as non-inventory by the GM.

What do you think? Ran into this when my GM added those items to the shop and they ended up in my inventory just to delete out again manually.
    Its an interesting idea. I'll look into it.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Two updates today,

v1.9 Added a new fcheckbox that allows the DM to mark individual items that will not be added to the inventory when purchased. This is useful for situations where the players are buying services, or meals at restaurants, etc. Where there is no need to clutter up inventory with items.
    v1.10 Added a fix for SFRPG users. When an items price field has no currency defined, which seems to be the default for most if not all items, the extension will now assume that they are Credits. If you do not want an item to be assumed to use Credits, you can add in the currency type.

v1.10 should be published shortly on DMsGuild.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    two updates today,

v1.9 added a new fcheckbox that allows the dm to mark individual items that will not be added to the inventory when purchased. This is useful for situations where the players are buying services, or meals at restaurants, etc. Where there is no need to clutter up inventory with items.
    V1.10 added a fix for sfrpg users. When an items price field has no currency defined, which seems to be the default for most if not all items, the extension will now assume that they are credits. If you do not want an item to be assumed to use credits, you can add in the currency type.

V1.10 should be published shortly on dmsguild.
    wow!!!

Mattekure, I don't know if I'm thinking right, but would it be possible to have two things?
    1 - The possibility of selling items, I know that the Party Sheet can be mentioned, but that would not be feasible, as it would not be the same thing as sharing the profit of treasures with others would be the acquisition of money by selling what belongs to my character. .
    2 - Any alert and the non-purchase of items if you do not have the amount of currency for it.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Mattekure, I don't know if I'm thinking right, but would it be possible to have two things?
    1 - The possibility of selling items, I know that the Party Sheet can be mentioned, but that would not be feasible, as it would not be the same thing as sharing the profit of treasures with others would be the acquisition of money by selling what belongs to my character. .
    2 - Any alert and the non-purchase of items if you do not have the amount of currency for it.
    #1 is not currently being considered. There are a huge number of complexities around selling that I havent worked out.

#2 is something I've been considering. If I do implement this, it will only check the specific currency, and not calculate change or anything like that. If an item costs 1 gold piece, and you have 1 platinum piece, it will reject it. Being ruleset agnostic means the extension doesn't know what values each currency has in relation to the others.

I understand, I say this because I was able to make purchases even if I didn't have the money, thus having a negative value.

That was posted in the context of this addon, it doesn't make change (which is why he made an addon to help people out with converting coinage) and it's a behavioral issue with your players. I find that telling them what they need to do to make it work tends to take care of the issue and they are happy to have it. For the one's who abuse it and I start seeing a bunch of negative amounts on their character sheet....well they get robbed.

Thread Information