FG Spreadshirt Swag

Can I run the 1E Modules as 2E?

I thought I saw something about this somewhere as I was looking through posts but, I'm going to ask anyway. If I were to purchase the module, D&D Classics: A0-A4: Against the Slave Lords, could I run that as a 2E adventure in FG? The campaign I'm working on involves some 1E modules that I want to run as 2E. The A-Series are part of the ones I'd like to run.

I'm creating the Saltmarsh modules on my own so, those won't be an issue. I'm hoping that some of the other modules being ported to FG will be usable by me.

Thanks

The D&D Classic ruleset, which these are created for, is 2E - so the answer to your question is essentially yes, using that FG module in FG will be ran as 2E.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

To add to what Trenloe said, though the "real" adventures were for 1e, the FG modules available for sale in the Classic D&D bundle (such as the A0-A4 modules) are all converted to 2E. In some cases where things existed in 1E but not 2E, the module author had to make a judgment call on conversion. One example I can think of from N1 I just ran was that there were a few "Assassin" class NPCs in the original adventure, which isn't a class in 2E, so they were converted to Thieves for the module.

You can always edit any conversion choices you disagree with.

Blog Entries
    A0-4 AtSL is absolutely ready to go as a 2e adventure.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MenzelG View Post
    I thought I saw something about this somewhere as I was looking through posts but, I'm going to ask anyway. If I were to purchase the module, D&D Classics: A0-A4: Against the Slave Lords, could I run that as a 2E adventure in FG? The campaign I'm working on involves some 1E modules that I want to run as 2E. The A-Series are part of the ones I'd like to run.

I'm creating the Saltmarsh modules on my own so, those won't be an issue. I'm hoping that some of the other modules being ported to FG will be usable by me.

Thanks
    I'll add to what others said related to adventures, specificially on Temple of Elemental Evil. In some cased the creatures in the original product are not the same in 2e. Such as demons,devils,giants and dragons in 2e are much more powerful opponents. Because of that when converting ToEE I used the listed statistics in the product instead of the 2E version of it so that the adventure retained it's originally intended play experience.

I can't speak to what others have done when converting products. Just keep that in mind, if a dragon flies in, check which one they used It might be well outside of the scope of the original adventure's intent.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'm not sure I can express just how happy that makes me! Thank you!!

Thread Information