Starfinder Playlist

setValue Unable to create node

I tried to use my extensions in my game yesterday, but couldn't because of a ton of console errors that showed up for my players but not for me.
    I didn't (and don't) get any of these issues in my test environment (including opening another instance of FGC and connecting back to my host session).
    The same seems to be the case for one other person who has tested it (huge amount of errors when player client connects).

unable to create node.png

The file is here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; June 30th, 2020 at 02:53.

Only the host can manipulate the database. If the extension has the players making changes to the database, then you will have to use OOB messaging to make it work. It funnels the command through the host to make the changes. A great example would be the ActionInit global script in 5E. This allows the player to roll initiative and set values within the database.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

The issue, as superteddy57 days, is that the code on clients is trying to change nodes the client doesn’t own - in this case, hp fields in a character sheet when HP in that char sheet changes.

This wouldn’t have raised error with one player testing, as they would have owned the PCs being used.

The database handlers in the onInit function are being setup for all clients and the GM. As these use wildcard filters (which is fine) you’ll only need to run these events once. Change all of the database handlers in the onInit function to only be called if it’s the GM instance. Use if User.isHost() for this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The issue, as superteddy57 days, is that the code on clients is trying to change nodes the client doesn’t own - in this case, hp fields in a character sheet when HP in that char sheet changes.

This wouldn’t have raised error with one player testing, as they would have owned the PCs being used.

The database handlers in the onInit function are being setup for all clients and the GM. As these use wildcard filters (which is fine) you’ll only need to run these events once. Change all of the database handlers in the onInit function to only be called if it’s the GM instance. Use if User.isHost() for this.
    Phew, that's much easier! Thanks to you both
    I haven't had to learn OOBHandler handlers yet but I'm sure that will come soon

Thread Information